Ambassador 3DS price?

#1kesslersyndromePosted 3/19/2013 5:07:09 PM
I'm planning on selling my Ambassador 3DS, with a bunch of other games on it: Link's Awakening, Mario Land 2, Fire Emblem, Pushmo, and Mighty Switch Force. What would be a reasonable asking price?
---
Everything's sony.
#2CapeMikePosted 3/19/2013 6:18:42 PM
kesslersyndrome posted...
I'm planning on selling my Ambassador 3DS, with a bunch of other games on it: Link's Awakening, Mario Land 2, Fire Emblem, Pushmo, and Mighty Switch Force. What would be a reasonable asking price?

Assuming it were still in excellent condition, and had -all- the Ambassador games on it, I'm pretty sure you'd get a good price on it(just don't forget to clear any credit/debit card info!)...might even make your initial investment back....
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955
#3kesslersyndrome(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:51:47 PM
Awesome! And yes, it is in excellent condition. Hoping I can make enough to get an XL and Soul Hackers :)
---
Everything's sony.
#4TheRealItachiPosted 3/19/2013 8:49:47 PM
If it's an ambassador in good condition,you could probably get $110-140 for it.
---
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/ItachiSign.jpg
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 3/19/2013 9:11:19 PM
If it's in perfect condition with ambassador status I think the original $200 price tag is reasonable. You have to keep in mind that you can't get ambassador status and there are no plans to sell those 10 GBA games on the eshop. Plus your couple extra games? I would say $200 is reasonable. You won't break even on your 3DS purchase plus eshop games, but you'll come just shy of breaking even on the 3DS itself (gotta remember you paid taxes too).
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6TheRealItachiPosted 3/19/2013 9:38:18 PM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
If it's in perfect condition with ambassador status I think the original $200 price tag is reasonable. You have to keep in mind that you can't get ambassador status and there are no plans to sell those 10 GBA games on the eshop. Plus your couple extra games? I would say $200 is reasonable. You won't break even on your 3DS purchase plus eshop games, but you'll come just shy of breaking even on the 3DS itself (gotta remember you paid taxes too).

God no.
$200 is VERY unreasonable.The games aren't worth that much.
If you want to sell it, sell it at $115-$150.
You'll only have to end up paying $10-35 for an XL then, which is more than enough of a discount.
Edit: Apparently I didn't notice there were extra games on it.
$200 is still a bit high, but if you have FE + NSMB2 and a few others on it, you could probably get $160-175 for it.
---
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/ItachiSign.jpg
#7jagddorsaPosted 3/19/2013 9:45:19 PM
You should be able to get $100-120 for it. Asking for more than that will make it harder to sell.

Don't sell it at a game shop. They generally reset the system to default, so it wouldn't matter if you had the ambassador games or not.
---
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Jefe
http://www.xfire.com/profile/jefejefejefe
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 3/20/2013 9:03:46 PM
TheRealItachi posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

God no.
$200 is VERY unreasonable.The games aren't worth that much.
If you want to sell it, sell it at $115-$150.
You'll only have to end up paying $10-35 for an XL then, which is more than enough of a discount.
Edit: Apparently I didn't notice there were extra games on it.
$200 is still a bit high, but if you have FE + NSMB2 and a few others on it, you could probably get $160-175 for it.

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. No, first of all, 10 NES games at $4.99+tax a pop is over $50. The 10 GBA games don't have a price, but let's call them $4.99+tax too for the sake of argument. That's another $50. That's $100 total. $115 is what you think is fair? You think the 3DS itself is worth $15? Get real.

Not to mention that I was talking about Ambassador status itself. It's something you can't get, and that makes it worth something. Supply and demand. He is selling something you can't normally buy. Lets be fair and just call the 20 Ambassador games $60 since things are worth significantly less after purchase. Then factor in vanilla 3DS price, what do they go for used? At least $100 for a non Ambassador 3DS. Then he has Fire Emblem, a Game Boy game, and some 3DSware. That alone is worthy of a $200 purchase, factor in Ambassador status which you, once again, cannot normally buy and $200 isn't unreasonable.

You're looking solely at MSRP and ignoring that Ambassador status jacks up the price.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile