What if the next 3D Mario game is a Luigi game instead?

#1Fr33zPosted 3/20/2013 2:13:53 AM
I know Luigi's Mansion is coming out next week and he's getting his own NSMBU DLC remake in a few months, but that seems like they'd be prematurely ending the "Year of Luigi" if he's only celebrated the first half of 2013. What if the next Super Mario game is actually a full fledge Super Luigi game instead? Whether WiiU or 3DS. What would the story be like with Luigi at the reigns? Maybe Daisy finally takes Peaches limelight as the damsel in distress? Waluigi makes an appearance as the main villain? Would they try to change up the formula a bit to fit Luigi more?
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#2Lord_FroodPosted 3/20/2013 2:30:25 AM
I'd buy it so long as it doesn't follow the same goddammned gameplay style of Mario Bros. Nothing against the Mario games, they've just been getting a little stale lately. Still fun, but the same thing over and over.
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#3Wynters387Posted 3/20/2013 3:10:55 AM
Yea Luigi should play more like a mega man game. Getting power upgrades as he goes along.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#4Wynters387Posted 3/20/2013 3:17:33 AM
Or a mix of mega man and monster hunter.

Professor Egadd comes to you thanking you for all the help with the ghost problem but there appears to be a monster problem going on. You find out Daisy has been kidnapped by waluigi but he unleashed monsters as a cover up. After you defeat waluigi you find out he can't turn off the monsters so you journey the 2nd half of the game to defeated the ultimate monster...most likes a giant cake dragon.

Egadd gives you a new weapon that upgrades after each big boss.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#5Wario_manPosted 3/20/2013 3:45:02 AM
I don't see how it would make a difference. This year of Luigi thing won't mean a damn thing. unless they're actually going to do something with it like give spotlight to certain characters over the years, like this year they'll have only Luigi instead of Mario games, next year Wario games, etc, then it is just more talk. You want an idea of what a Luigi game would be?
Play Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 as Luigi. There, that's your Luigi game. With no story, no dialogue and no characterization it doesn't make a difference. Just let us choose characters for all the main Mario games from now on and be done with it or start writing some actual story.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#6FefnirOmega13Posted 3/20/2013 3:49:15 AM
I'd rather have a 3D Super Princess Peach if I'm honest
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#7Silver_SparkletPosted 3/20/2013 4:16:52 AM
What if the next 3D Mario game is a Luigi game instead?

ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE : http://www.islandcrisis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/double-facepalm.jpg

Shameless trolling aside, I believe that a 3D Mario game starring Luigi would be wonderful! However it would need something to differentiate itself from the mainline Mario games or it'll be pointless. I wouldn't mind seeing some of more of Mr.L (the green thunder), though I only know of him from smash brothers: brawl.
---
simple & effective
#8Lord_FroodPosted 3/20/2013 5:26:59 AM
Wynters387 posted...
Or a mix of mega man and monster hunter.

Professor Egadd comes to you thanking you for all the help with the ghost problem but there appears to be a monster problem going on. You find out Daisy has been kidnapped by waluigi but he unleashed monsters as a cover up. After you defeat waluigi you find out he can't turn off the monsters so you journey the 2nd half of the game to defeated the ultimate monster...most likes a giant cake dragon.

Egadd gives you a new weapon that upgrades after each big boss.

That's actually quite clever. I'd see it playing out in the PS2 era of platformer action games like Jak or Ratchet & Clank... Or maybe it could just stay the slower non-platforming style of Luigi's Mansion, but with more action and outside of a mansion. I've always loved stories where you think it's all over and then you realize you're not even done yet. Sort of like one of last year's big sellers on 3DS... The upgrade system would definitely call for more exploration than regular Mario games, which would be great for differentiating the two.
---
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#9keyblader1985Posted 3/20/2013 8:39:28 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
I'd buy it

This.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai