Should Mario and Kirby have a crossover party game?

#1wiiking96Posted 3/20/2013 12:09:27 PM
Kirby hasn't had a party game before, but he would be very well suited for one. Mario & Kirby would probably be the easiest two series to do a cross over for, and they would be the most fitting. The Mario Party formula would work pretty well as a place to start.

You think this might work?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2SMASHKING84Posted 3/20/2013 1:41:12 PM
Yeah kirby would probally be a great person to put into party games.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198321
#3DrunkenWhalePosted 3/20/2013 9:23:35 PM
Just a Mario/Kirby crossover would work if anything.

- Star theme prelvent in both series.
- Power-up transformations / Copy Abilities similar and can be interchangeable (Tanooki Suit / Stone anyone?)
- General locales being similar (Though Kirby's more fantasical than the boring striped hills of the Mushroom World)
- Lighthearted nature in both series
- General rival is a King with lots of loyal followers and both wield hammers (Though Bowser favors fire more...)
- STAR ROD

To be honest, I cannot fathom how anyone can't see a crossover between the two happening. Party game, Platformer, whatever...
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#4RPGNinja123Posted 3/20/2013 9:23:54 PM
Kirby should have an RPG game
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787
#5MarsfordPosted 3/20/2013 9:32:41 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

Although TC your idea could work, RPG > party game IMO.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#6wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:36:19 PM
Marsford posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Well, I think that it would be easier to have a cross over party game instead of an RPG. It would be tricky to work in a story worthy of an RPG involving both series, and an RPG battle system that manages to have reasonable focus on both series in meaningful ways would also be difficult to create.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#7RPGNinja123Posted 3/20/2013 9:38:59 PM(edited)
wiiking96 posted...
Marsford posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Well, I think that it would be easier to have a cross over party game instead of an RPG. It would be tricky to work in a story worthy of an RPG involving both series, and an RPG battle system that manages to have reasonable focus on both series in meaningful ways would also be difficult to create.

Honestly it'd be pretty easy. All you do is look at Super Mario RPG and just incorporate their moves in what they select. Mario would still have his fireballs and Kirby can have his wind suck and blow out moves.

It definitely wouldn't be that hard.

Of course I am not game developer but I am a RPG fanatic and I have seen crossovers in RPGs before. I have faith they could incorporate both themes in an RPG. Thats why I am kind of interested to see what they do with SMTxFire Emblem crossover even though I dont have a Wii U :(
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787
#8sentoworfPosted 3/20/2013 9:56:14 PM
Mario and Kirby platformer? Kirby gets Hammer Bros powers?
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#9DrunkenWhalePosted 3/20/2013 10:18:10 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Marsford posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

A story?

Bam! An ancient evil found locked within the Koopa Kindgom (which is why the Koopa Kingdom is so desolate and lacking) is discovered by Bowser (or an unsupecting idiot, Wario and Waluigi treasure hunting, anyone?) and releases it. The evil? A part of Dark Matter/Zero that connects the Mario/Kirby dimensions together in order to resurrect Zero again. Now Mario and Kirby end up sharing a world that is unstable and no one can remember why, as they think the other part of the world is naturally occurring, but only Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Meta Knight and a wise-ish character all know this isn't the true world, with Peach, Bowser, and Dedede being really only fuzzy about it.

So, Mario and Kirby (Perhaps Luigi too) set off on a quest to collect various MacGuffins that will restore their worlds to their proper form.

Only Bowser is interested in the MacGuffins for power, Dedede wants them as well, but because Dedede's Castle just, according to the merge, plopped right there, they see each other (and the third party - the Mushroom Kingdom) as a threat and won't be working together.

Since Kirby's younger than Mario (as explained in his game's instruction manuals) he would mostly look up to Mario but not hold him back because he's had plenty of his own experiences, and Mario would most likely treat the kid like a son or younger brother - to be a role model for and help with the kid's naiveté.

Places they would explore would be standard fare for both series - Grass plains world, Sea beach world, Ice snow world. I like Nutty Noon in Return to Dreamland so something like that only with a more Star motif.

And with fairies being in Mario (Wanda the fairy) we could see characters like Ribbon from Kirby 64 appear (and perhaps if they let other humans appear, like the Camelot Mario Golf/Tennis characters, Adeleine would appear) as NPCs, for throwbacks and side quests.

Gameplay? Add in the Copy abilities and Power-ups (or for simplicity's sake "Abilities") and attach them as customizable skills for Mario and Kirby's attacks, with the right ability being the key in either victory or defeat.

Aside from the main two, you can get special characters like Luigi, Metaknight, (perhaps the aforementioned Ribbon and Adeleine) but also recruit a small army of other various Mario/Kirby creatures like Goombas, Waddle Dees, Toads, Poppy Bros. who either offer stat bonuses (recruitable creatures) or also combination attacks (Obviously the special characters.).

There's plenty of stuff to imagine for a Mario/Kirby crossover RPG, and I thought most of that stuff off the top of my head.
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#10harley2280Posted 3/20/2013 10:26:29 PM
DrunkenWhale posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Marsford posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

A story?

Bam! An ancient evil found locked within the Koopa Kindgom (which is why the Koopa Kingdom is so desolate and lacking) is discovered by Bowser (or an unsupecting idiot, Wario and Waluigi treasure hunting, anyone?) and releases it. The evil? A part of Dark Matter/Zero that connects the Mario/Kirby dimensions together in order to resurrect Zero again. Now Mario and Kirby end up sharing a world that is unstable and no one can remember why, as they think the other part of the world is naturally occurring, but only Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Meta Knight and a wise-ish character all know this isn't the true world, with Peach, Bowser, and Dedede being really only fuzzy about it.

So, Mario and Kirby (Perhaps Luigi too) set off on a quest to collect various MacGuffins that will restore their worlds to their proper form.

Only Bowser is interested in the MacGuffins for power, Dedede wants them as well, but because Dedede's Castle just, according to the merge, plopped right there, they see each other (and the third party - the Mushroom Kingdom) as a threat and won't be working together.

Since Kirby's younger than Mario (as explained in his game's instruction manuals) he would mostly look up to Mario but not hold him back because he's had plenty of his own experiences, and Mario would most likely treat the kid like a son or younger brother - to be a role model for and help with the kid's naiveté.

Places they would explore would be standard fare for both series - Grass plains world, Sea beach world, Ice snow world. I like Nutty Noon in Return to Dreamland so something like that only with a more Star motif.

And with fairies being in Mario (Wanda the fairy) we could see characters like Ribbon from Kirby 64 appear (and perhaps if they let other humans appear, like the Camelot Mario Golf/Tennis characters, Adeleine would appear) as NPCs, for throwbacks and side quests.

Gameplay? Add in the Copy abilities and Power-ups (or for simplicity's sake "Abilities") and attach them as customizable skills for Mario and Kirby's attacks, with the right ability being the key in either victory or defeat.

Aside from the main two, you can get special characters like Luigi, Metaknight, (perhaps the aforementioned Ribbon and Adeleine) but also recruit a small army of other various Mario/Kirby creatures like Goombas, Waddle Dees, Toads, Poppy Bros. who either offer stat bonuses (recruitable creatures) or also combination attacks (Obviously the special characters.).

There's plenty of stuff to imagine for a Mario/Kirby crossover RPG, and I thought most of that stuff off the top of my head.

Right now Nintendo is drooling.
---
"Hail to the King Baby."
B2 FC - 3397 1372 5199 Plat FC - 2407 6584 1961