WTF, Club Nintendo (3DS related)

#1EmeralDragon23Posted 3/20/2013 5:28:57 PM
I recently found out about Club Nintendo and have been registering a bunch of products.

I'm in my dorm so I only have my 3DS with me (no box, assuming I still have it) so I didn't have my PIN for it and I don't get wireless for handhelds, only computers and cells. So I was going to wait until the weekend and take the bus to like...Starbucks or something to register it via the e-shop when I see that I can also register it with my serial number.

I do so and the system registers, but it asks me for my PIN again to take the survey. I figure it's a mistake and that even if it isn't, I can always just do it later, so I close the pop-up asking for it.

Now my 3DS is registered, but it gives me no option to do the survey anywhere. I checked everywhere, including the To-Do list.

So I'm 160 coins shorts.

I e-mail Nintendo explaining all of this and they tell me to....ship my 3DS box to them for proof of purchase before they give me my 160.

what

Assuming I still have the box (because why would I keep it), isn't the fact that the system is registered in my account using the serial number in the back of the actual handheld proof enough that it's mine? You really think I'd steal a system for 160 coins and want me to confirm it's mine by...shipping you the box?

smh
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#2Project-CanaanPosted 3/20/2013 5:49:55 PM
There's two different things. One: the serial number on the back of the 3DS, and there's another voucher inside the instruction manual package (in that white plastic bag) you get inside the box with the pin on it. After inputting that, they gave me the survey where you could get the 160 coins.
#3EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 5:54:35 PM(edited)
There's two different things. One: the serial number on the back of the 3DS, and there's another voucher inside the instruction manual package (in that white plastic bag) you get inside the box with the pin on it. After inputting that, they gave me the survey where you could get the 160 coins.

And I get that

but why would they give you the option to register a system with the PIN or the Serial # only to ask for the PIN immediately after anyway?

Honestly, I'm just gonna try the eShop this weekend either way
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#4strongo9Posted 3/20/2013 6:31:23 PM
The serial number is for extending your warranty. The pin number is for earning coins.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#5EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:55:31 PM
The serial number is for extending your warranty. The pin number is for earning coins.

Pah

Ignorance cost me, I see. Hopefully I didn't throw my box away.
---
El Psy Congroo