Need Help regarding Eshop and Games

#1mamo1991Posted 3/20/2013 5:52:12 PM
I want to buy full retail games on my eshop but there is a problem.....

I LIVE IN MEXICO!!!!!

for those who are unaware the why of this problem, in mexico there's this thing that elevates the prices of tech related products especially consoles and games

EXAMPLE Fire Emblem Awakening

GamePlanet (Mexican store) Retail price: MXN$799
http://gameplanet.com/fire-emblem-awakening.html

To USD Dolars: USD$64.73
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=799&From=MXN&To=USD

And that is in the mexican eshop also

so i want to buy them in US retail price so i've been investigating on how to do it since i can purchase them from eshop and i need help

US eshop doesn't take foreign Credit Cards
So i figured out buying prepaid codes was better. I tried MaximusCards (which sends them via mail) and it works but it charges a little more bucks than retailers.

Then on i read that Canadian eShop those take foreign credit cards.

If somebody can please confirm the Canadian Eshop statement or offer another sollution please.

Thanks in advance and forgive my english as you can read i'm mexican

EXTRA: i got enough money for one out of two games that come out this saturday which do you recommend; Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinty?
---
Have no idea what to put here, suggestions will be denied**Black FC:0303-9334-8566
#2mamo1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:14:28 PM
please
---
Have no idea what to put here, suggestions will be denied**Black FC:0303-9334-8566
#3mamo1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:30:13 PM
did i do something wrong?
---
#4NekoakumaPosted 3/20/2013 6:33:53 PM
US eSHop - Use prepaid cards
Canada/Brazil eSHop - Use credit/debit card
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#5CHOVI3Posted 3/20/2013 6:38:27 PM(edited)
Ok let me tell you. I live in Mexico and use a Mexican card on the US eshop. I used to think it didn't work either, but here's the trick:
Don't buy the 40 bucks at once. Buy the eshop money in small amounts until you get almost 40 dollars, then click on "just the amount needed".
For example, buy 10 bucks, 10 bucks, 10 bucks, then try to buy the game and click on just the amount needed so you buy 9.99 and buy the 39.99 game.
Hope it helped a fellow Mexican :D
EDIT: I also recommend registering 3DS to Club Nintendo so that you get coins and can get free downloadable games...
Edit 2: What I mean is creating an account and linking it to eshop
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#6mamo1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:43:59 PM
CHOVI3 posted...
Ok let me tell you. I live in Mexico and use a Mexican card on the US eshop. I used to think it didn't work either, but here's the trick:
Don't buy the 40 bucks at once. Buy the eshop money in small amounts until you get almost 40 dollars, then click on "just the amount needed".
For example, buy 10 bucks, 10 bucks, 10 bucks, then try to buy the game and click on just the amount needed so you buy 9.99 and buy the 39.99 game.
EDIT: I also recommend registering 3DS to Club Nintendo so that you get coins and can get free downloadable games...

I did got an account for the newsletter

and the deal is that i've tried to buy it with my mexican card and i bought 3 amounts of 20 but it didn't went through my nintendo but they did charge it

i repplied of course but i almost lost 60 bucks

are you sure?
---
#7CHOVI3Posted 3/20/2013 6:46:49 PM
mamo1991 posted...
CHOVI3 posted...

I did got an account for the newsletter

and the deal is that i've tried to buy it with my mexican card and i bought 3 amounts of 20 but it didn't went through my nintendo but they did charge it

i repplied of course but i almost lost 60 bucks

are you sure?

Of course I'm sure :/ I bought Sticker Star and Mario Kart 7 with this method...
Ok but 20 is too big. Try buying smaller amounts.
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#8mamo1991(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 7:15:03 PM
well i'll consider that can somebody please confirm me the canada thing still?
---
#9NekoakumaPosted 3/20/2013 7:17:44 PM
mamo1991 posted...
well i'll consider that can somebody please confirm me the canada thing still?

Post #4
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.