Concept of AR Games and how they flow into traditional games

#1jim200Posted 3/20/2013 8:03:59 PM
Can someone explain this to me, and possibly give me a list of games that use AR to their benefit?

I used the one where you use a card and fight a dragon and it was fun. But I usually play my traditional games not AR games.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2Baha05Posted 3/20/2013 8:06:51 PM
There isn't any game that really utilizes AR cards. I think Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus Uprising are really the only ones that work. It the sense that KH3D gives you rare Dream Eaters and KI: U gives you trophies and hearts.

I would like to see more games use AR cards or simple AR to do more things. In fact the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon uses AR to make random dungeons.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3hors_doeuvresPosted 3/20/2013 8:09:44 PM
Yu-gi-oh AR cards need to happen. That would be quite expensive though, lol.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#4Baha05Posted 3/20/2013 8:13:08 PM
hors_doeuvres posted...
Yu-gi-oh AR cards need to happen. That would be quite expensive though, lol.

Can't really see the point of it now though, it's only a concept that works on the show. I can't imagine AR Yu
-Gi-Oh being anything but annoying (Unless it is similar to KI:U where the AR only downloads the card)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U