Concept of AR Games and how they flow into traditional games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Concept of AR Games and how they flow into traditional games
3 years ago#1
Can someone explain this to me, and possibly give me a list of games that use AR to their benefit?

I used the one where you use a card and fight a dragon and it was fun. But I usually play my traditional games not AR games.
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
3 years ago#2
There isn't any game that really utilizes AR cards. I think Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus Uprising are really the only ones that work. It the sense that KH3D gives you rare Dream Eaters and KI: U gives you trophies and hearts.

I would like to see more games use AR cards or simple AR to do more things. In fact the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon uses AR to make random dungeons.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
3 years ago#3
Yu-gi-oh AR cards need to happen. That would be quite expensive though, lol.
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
3 years ago#4
hors_doeuvres posted...
Yu-gi-oh AR cards need to happen. That would be quite expensive though, lol.

Can't really see the point of it now though, it's only a concept that works on the show. I can't imagine AR Yu
-Gi-Oh being anything but annoying (Unless it is similar to KI:U where the AR only downloads the card)
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Concept of AR Games and how they flow into traditional games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived