Does Street/Spot Pass work even when the game isn't in Slot-1?

#1RyuVegasPosted 3/21/2013 2:05:33 AM
I know that each game has you create "Street Pass or Spot Pass Data" and that stays on your SD card to allow for the features, so does that mean the features WORK when the game with a particular Street Pass isn't in Slot-1?

I only ask as I put FE:Awakening on hold for a while to Finish getting all the Gold Flags in SM3DLand(And beat the main game) and then when I came back to FE:Awakening I had 3 Tactician's Teams to fight already downloaded for me, so when I booted up FE:A, it updated my World Map with them and I fought them and recruited 2 out of the 3.

So do the Pass features still work even when the games aren't actually loaded? That's pretty cool if true and I don't see how people can say Nintendo is behind the times in Online/WiFi features when they do this kind of things with their games like automatic updating of data. If I'm wrong though I might start considering buying games Digitally off the eShop as I'm seriously starting to notice that having 7 different cartridges around is getting kind of tedious and annoying.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/21/2013 2:13:50 AM(edited)
once the game creates data for streetpass, you don't need the game in the slot to be able to collect streetpass data.
for spotpass though, you would have to check your game. like for kid icarus, everyday you need to check for spotpass gem.

too bad kid icarus spotpass gem distribution will end this month
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.