Etrian Odyssey 4 or Fire Emblem Awakening (ONLY FOR THOSE THAT OWN BOTH)

#1confettistormPosted 3/21/2013 6:42:34 AM(edited)
Which is, in your opinion, the better of the two. - Results (5 votes)
Etrian Odyssey 4: Legends of the Titan
60% (3 votes)
Fire Emblem: Awakening
40% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is not a gameplay comparison as they are very different games.
But, in your overall experience, which do you feel provides the better package (i.e. soundtrack, immersion, production values, the quality of the gameplay).

THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN AND HAVE PLAYED BOTH GAMES.

I initially gave Awakening the easy win.
It had great production values, a soundtrack that made you stop everything just to listen to it, a great amount of content and a large cast that everyone is bound to find someone that they like.

EO4 doesn't quite have the same level of production values (still very good though) and the soundtrack didn't initially catch me. But the more I went into this game, the more things grew on me. I got my first WOW moment the first time I entered the second land (that 2nd land overworld music.... so good), and my second WOW moment when I fought my first battle on the 4th land (Faith is my Pillar is amazing).
I loved the customization and the class balance.
I loved getting steamrolled by FOEs initially, only to work out a better team balance. Now that I'm around 70% into EO4, it's starting to move in favour towards EO4.

Another thing: they are both more accessible, but still maintains its the high difficulty.
#2Baha05Posted 3/21/2013 6:35:36 AM
I would say Fire Emblem might be more well rounded in quality, production, etc. Though both are great games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Shadowstar108Posted 3/21/2013 6:36:55 AM
They're both amazing, and I'm happy to own both. I'm playing through FE now, and I'll probably start on Odyssey and finish Kingdom Hearts afterwards.
---
~Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem: Awakening~