The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

After playing Sonic "Classic Collection" for the DS on my 3DS XL earlier...

#190sRetroGamingPosted 3/21/2013 5:42:13 AM
I really wish Sega would port a full "3D Classics" version of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to the 3DS for both a physical and digital retail release. for years i've been wanting "true" emulated versions of these Sega classics in stereoscopic 3D.

Sonic 1-3&K, Street's Of Rage 1-3, Columns, Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Echo the Dolphin, Golden Axe 1 & 2, Comix Zone, etc. i can image how great the 3D effects would look on these gems! lol.

I know it would take quite a bit of work and time on Sega's part but i would really want to see this happen!. i'd definatly pay $30-$40 for a 3DS version of this. would anybody else like to see this happen?. surely this could fit on a standard 2GB or 4GB 3DS gamecard right?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/21/2013 5:45:35 AM
I'd pay over $40 for S3&K on 3DS alone. Greatest platformer of all time.

Y'know, a version with a stable framerate, something the classic collection lacked.
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#390sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 5:56:59 AM(edited)
LLL_Deadly posted...
I'd pay over $40 for S3&K on 3DS alone. Greatest platformer of all time.

Y'know, a version with a stable framerate, something the classic collection lacked.

I did notice that!. one of the things i didn't like about the Classic Collection. there are some other errors too like the mid-boss music from S3 playing as the mid-boss music in S&K instead of the real one in S&K.. and also the invincibility theme being speed up for whatever reason in S2, lol!.
---
#4ZenithianHeroPosted 3/21/2013 5:59:17 AM
Not a collection, they are making 3D classics with Space Harrier and newly announced Super Hang On.
#590sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:04:01 AM
ZenithianHero posted...
Not a collection, they are making 3D classics with Space Harrier and newly announced Super Hang On.

I'd love to buy Super Hang On but i doubt those will ever come over here, lol.
---
#6NamcoMuseum2Posted 3/21/2013 6:20:29 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
ZenithianHero posted...

I'd love to buy Super Hang On but i doubt those will ever come over here, lol.

3D Space Harrier is rated in Australia.
#7xellos667Posted 3/21/2013 6:41:29 AM
Nah, I would prefer M2 doing their own version of a Sega Genesis collection. Only they care enough about Sega emulation to do actual good work (see their actual GameGear emulator on the 3DS, which is awesome). Digital Eclipse/BackBone Entertainement emulation was truly meh....
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#8GhetsisPosted 3/21/2013 6:48:46 AM
xellos667 posted...
Nah, I would prefer M2 doing their own version of a Sega Genesis collection. Only they care enough about Sega emulation to do actual good work (see their actual GameGear emulator on the 3DS, which is awesome). Digital Eclipse/BackBone Entertainement emulation was truly meh....

Digital Eclipse was hilarious. The GBA version of Phantasy Star Collection had a chance of randomly crashing your game whenever you tried to save in Phantasy Star 1.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9xellos667Posted 3/21/2013 7:02:30 AM
Ghetsis posted...
xellos667 posted...

Digital Eclipse was hilarious. The GBA version of Phantasy Star Collection had a chance of randomly crashing your game whenever you tried to save in Phantasy Star 1.

Indeed. And on the other hand of the spectrum, M2 did their own Sega Ages Phantasy Star Complete COllection on the Japanese PS2 which had so many options to play with, so many extras, you're wondering, how anyone else could have the contract for Sega emulation. I'm glad though, the new Sega Vingtage titles (Wonder Boy for exemple) are in the hand of M2, and you can see the BIG difference compared to previous Sega Vingtage titles from BackBone which were....BAREbone, and with emulation issues on top of top.
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#10PhoenixRushPosted 3/21/2013 8:30:30 AM
Instabuy.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo