After playing Sonic "Classic Collection" for the DS on my 3DS XL earlier...

#11YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 3/21/2013 2:34:00 PM
I wish they didnt half assed that collection by taking out debug mode in Sonic 2 and in a way its a pain to do debug mode in S3&K.

Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection does not even contain Sonic 3 and Knuckles due to the fact that whoever did it forgot to put it into the collection, Sonic 3 is in aswell as Sonic and Knuckles but not S3&K and Knuckles in Sonic 2.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#12El_DustinoPosted 3/21/2013 2:40:12 PM(edited)
I would love a version of Sonic Jam on the 3DS. :3 Best versions of the games, I have been told. Also, spin dash in Sonic 1!
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#13PhoenixRushPosted 3/21/2013 2:48:23 PM
El_Dustino posted...
I would love a version of Sonic Jam on the 3DS. :3 Best versions of the games, I have been told. Also, spin dash in Sonic 1!

Sadly, will never happen. They've probably "lost the code" by now.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#14El_DustinoPosted 3/21/2013 2:52:41 PM
PhoenixRush posted...
El_Dustino posted...

Sadly, will never happen. They've probably "lost the code" by now.

You don't actually need the code. :3 Ico/SotC collection did not use the original code, from what I hear.

Though I will buy Sonic Jam on the Saturn anyways, but still. :3
---
#15Rurouni720Posted 3/21/2013 2:55:16 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
I'd pay over $40 for S3&K on 3DS alone. Greatest platformer of all time.

Y'know, a version with a stable framerate, something the classic collection lacked.

I did notice that!. one of the things i didn't like about the Classic Collection. there are some other errors too like the mid-boss music from S3 playing as the mid-boss music in S&K instead of the real one in S&K.. and also the invincibility theme being speed up for whatever reason in S2, lol!.

At least it's not unplayable like the Sonic GBA port.....
#16PhoenixRushPosted 3/21/2013 3:01:00 PM
I'm surprised how responive the S3&K special stages are on Classic Collection, at least when you play it on 3DS. I'm used to a bit of a delay.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#17GhetsisPosted 3/21/2013 3:04:06 PM
El_Dustino posted...

I had Sonic Jam on the Game.Com.

By far the worst Sonic game in existence.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#18El_DustinoPosted 3/21/2013 3:11:03 PM
Ghetsis posted...
El_Dustino posted...

I had Sonic Jam on the Game.Com.

By far the worst Sonic game in existence.

Perhaps it was the Game.Com? Everyone I heard said that the Saturn version is the best version of the games.
---
#19FefnirOmega13Posted 3/21/2013 3:35:58 PM
So essentially you want a "Mega Drive Ultimate Collection" like what was released for mainline consoles, then; but now for 3DS?
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#20Dragongod165Posted 3/21/2013 3:52:04 PM
Ghetsis posted...
El_Dustino posted...
I had the Game.Com.

By far the worst console in existence.

Fixed that for you.
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"