What happens after 5 3DS system transfers?

#1LOUDTREEPosted 3/21/2013 10:04:14 AM
Will I not be able to keep the games I have purchased? What's the deal?
---
-Wii Invite Everyone to Play-
#2KayubePosted 3/21/2013 10:17:35 AM
You can keep them, you'll just have to keep the system too in order to play them.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#3esoteric42Posted 3/21/2013 10:23:16 AM
After 5 transfers you are stuck with the last system you had.

Do you really think you will need to transfer your information to 5 3DSes?

I've already done 3 transfers myself, and I can't see myself doing any more in the system's life cycle.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
JPN 3DS Friend Code: 1778-9984-3124 (Jiro)
#4Janus151Posted 3/21/2013 10:39:23 AM
esoteric42 posted...

I've already done 3 transfers myself, and I can't see myself doing any more in the system's life cycle.

Pretty easy to go over...I have 5 3DSes myself already, waiting for a 6th one when the Black 3DS XL comes out...I can easily go over the limit.

and also, this assumes that the XL is the last iteration of the 3DS, if in a year, Nintendo releases the next iteration of the 3DS, then it'll be pretty easy to go over...

I can see myself having over 10 3DSes by the end of the 3DS life cycle :P (had 10 DSes: 3 DSphat, 3 DSlite, 2 DSi and 2DSiXL)
#5LOUDTREE(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:43:51 AM
This is exactly while I will always choose retail over digital (given the option).
---
-Wii Invite Everyone to Play-
#6cancerboy87Posted 3/21/2013 10:43:56 AM
Janus151 posted...
esoteric42 posted...

Pretty easy to go over...I have 5 3DSes myself already, waiting for a 6th one when the Black 3DS XL comes out...I can easily go over the limit.

and also, this assumes that the XL is the last iteration of the 3DS, if in a year, Nintendo releases the next iteration of the 3DS, then it'll be pretty easy to go over...

I can see myself having over 10 3DSes by the end of the 3DS life cycle :P (had 10 DSes: 3 DSphat, 3 DSlite, 2 DSi and 2DSiXL)

that is the most ridiculous thing I've possibly read this week.
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton NNID: pmw3505
#7VivaLaRazaLHPosted 3/21/2013 10:46:19 AM
Janus151 posted...
esoteric42 posted...

Well, you're an idiot for having so many. So unnecessary. You'll learn when you have to start paying bills and begin living independently.
#8Janus151Posted 3/21/2013 10:50:22 AM(edited)
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
Janus151 posted...
esoteric42 posted...

Well, you're an idiot for having so many. So unnecessary. You'll learn when you have to start paying bills and begin living independently.

haha what? I just bought myself a new house and car last year. I think I can take care of myself. A good paying job is key.
but on a side note: I'm a real sucker for colors of my consoles/handhelds.
#9Janus151Posted 3/21/2013 10:51:58 AM
LOUDTREE posted...
This is exactly while I will always choose retail over digital (given the option).

Agreed. Me too.
#10DinglesteedPosted 3/21/2013 11:03:39 AM
Janus151 posted...
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
Janus151 posted...
esoteric42 posted...

haha what? I just bought myself a new house and car last year. I think I can take care of myself. A good paying job is key.
but on a side note: I'm a real sucker for colors of my consoles/handhelds.

Yeah, some guy asked me in a different post why I was bragging about having money when all I said was I was going to buy a 3rd 3DS at the Target sale. I wasn't aware that $130 for a new midnight purple 3DS was bragging about having money. lol.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13