Can I get my pre-installed game back after system transfer?

#1darkmaster_101Posted 3/21/2013 12:59:04 PM
So I have had a 3DS for a while, got the ambassador games on there and that's about it for downloads

Today I received the 3DS XL with monster hunter (UK if it matters as the game isn't out yet)

So I started up the XL and all was good.

I then used the system transfer feature to move the games from my old 3DS to the XL

Now after rebooting all the stuff from my old 3DS is on the XL, but monster hunter is gone, the store won't let me download it.

Is there a way of getting it back or am I screwed?
---
Xbox Live: darkmaster 1O1 (letter 'o') Playstation Netowrok: sheo_101 ssbb fc: 3995-7937-3706
#2Bancario51Posted 3/21/2013 1:01:30 PM
Yes
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3darkmaster_101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:03:26 PM
Yes

Okay, was that in response to getting it back or being screwed?

If I can get it back, can you enlighten me as to how?
---
Xbox Live: darkmaster 1O1 (letter 'o') Playstation Netowrok: sheo_101 ssbb fc: 3995-7937-3706
#4huyiPosted 3/21/2013 1:28:17 PM
the data must have still been on your sd card, also it should prompt you on your 3ds that any download transferred over to your 3ds xl will be transferred to your eshop download list so you are doing something wrong.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#5darkmaster_101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:31:36 PM
Okay, I found out that I can re-download it from the e-store, it was just some what hidden in the options.

For anyone else that see's this from a search or something and needs help in figuring it out.

Go to the store, go to settings from the menu, scroll down (yes you can do it even if it doesn't look like you can)
Look for something like "previous downloads" (Can't remember the exact wording) then look for your game in there, (mine was on the last page) and download it.

It appears to work for games that have not come out yet as well
---
#6PlaysaverPosted 3/21/2013 7:57:48 PM
darkmaster_101 posted...
Okay, I found out that I can re-download it from the e-store, it was just some what hidden in the options.

For anyone else that see's this from a search or something and needs help in figuring it out.

Go to the store, go to settings from the menu, scroll down (yes you can do it even if it doesn't look like you can)
Look for something like "previous downloads" (Can't remember the exact wording) then look for your game in there, (mine was on the last page) and download it.

It appears to work for games that have not come out yet as well

Yeah, people here should have just said instead of being complete jerks about it.