If i close the 3DS without shutting it off, does it go into sleep mode?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If i close the 3DS without shutting it off, does it go into sleep mode?
2 years ago#1
?

dont have the user manual.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iMaDK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png
2 years ago#2
yes
2 years ago#3
Yes...unless you are playing a gba game.
---
cartoondan.com
2 years ago#4
danielmg posted...

It's about 100x more likely that they will be playing a DS game than a GBA game, and DS games don't put the console in sleep mode either.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
2 years ago#5
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

It's about 100x more likely that they will be playing a DS game than a GBA game, and DS games don't put the console in sleep mode either.

Yes they do. Playing a DS game makes the 3DS functionally a DS, which had a sleep mode. What doesn't happen is 3DS functions like StreetPass and SpotPass.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
2 years ago#6
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
2 years ago#7
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

Yes. Did you even read the thread? Someone already beat you too this by explaining that Street Pass functions aren't indicative of sleep mode. I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep. It's amusing that you think you know so much, but didn't have a clue what I was talking about yet the other guy did.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
2 years ago#8
n00bsaib0t posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

Yes. Did you even read the thread? Someone already beat you too this by explaining that Street Pass functions aren't indicative of sleep mode. I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep. It's amusing that you think you know so much, but didn't have a clue what I was talking about yet the other guy did.

you were wrong. deal with it.
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
2 years ago#9
n00bsaib0t posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

I doubt you read the thread at all.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
2 years ago#10
n00bsaib0t posted...
I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep.

What did you think it did, then? I mean, the system clearly shuts "off." And once you open it, it resumes where it left off. If that's not sleep mode, then I don't know what is.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If i close the 3DS without shutting it off, does it go into sleep mode?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived