If i close the 3DS without shutting it off, does it go into sleep mode?

#1gna647Posted 3/21/2013 8:17:47 PM
?

dont have the user manual.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iMaDK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png
#2doctorslagathorPosted 3/21/2013 8:19:38 PM
yes
#3danielmgPosted 3/21/2013 8:30:31 PM
Yes...unless you are playing a gba game.
---
cartoondan.com
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 3/21/2013 8:39:34 PM
danielmg posted...

It's about 100x more likely that they will be playing a DS game than a GBA game, and DS games don't put the console in sleep mode either.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#5Kouji_TaminoPosted 3/21/2013 9:05:48 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

It's about 100x more likely that they will be playing a DS game than a GBA game, and DS games don't put the console in sleep mode either.

Yes they do. Playing a DS game makes the 3DS functionally a DS, which had a sleep mode. What doesn't happen is 3DS functions like StreetPass and SpotPass.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
#6LightHawKnightPosted 3/21/2013 9:08:03 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 3/22/2013 9:00:45 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

Yes. Did you even read the thread? Someone already beat you too this by explaining that Street Pass functions aren't indicative of sleep mode. I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep. It's amusing that you think you know so much, but didn't have a clue what I was talking about yet the other guy did.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8LORD_LMAOPosted 3/22/2013 9:24:17 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

Yes. Did you even read the thread? Someone already beat you too this by explaining that Street Pass functions aren't indicative of sleep mode. I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep. It's amusing that you think you know so much, but didn't have a clue what I was talking about yet the other guy did.

you were wrong. deal with it.
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#9LightHawKnightPosted 3/22/2013 10:01:02 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
danielmg posted...

Do you even own a 3DS?

I doubt you read the thread at all.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10GhetsisPosted 3/22/2013 10:09:19 AM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
I was under the impression that because I couldn't get them while the system was closed with a DS game playing that DS mode didn't sleep.

What did you think it did, then? I mean, the system clearly shuts "off." And once you open it, it resumes where it left off. If that's not sleep mode, then I don't know what is.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?