e-Shop error 005-5644 help?

#1Wooly_of_DoomPosted 3/21/2013 11:01:16 PM
I get this whenever I try to add funds ugh I just want my damn FE DLC! I tried searching for it but all the help said was to shut off and re try later :\

Any help in how to fix this? Thanks
#290sRetroGamingPosted 3/21/2013 11:11:17 PM
Error Code 005-4305 for me right now. it won't even let me connect to eShop at all :/. i take it the eShop is currently under matinence?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3Wooly_of_Doom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 12:09:41 AM
bump
#4Wooly_of_Doom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:55:04 AM
Bump
#5Wooly_of_Doom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:10:31 PM
Wooly_of_Doom posted...
Bump
#6sunny_red51Posted 3/22/2013 8:32:46 PM
Hi, there. Did either of you find the information you were looking for?

There's actually an error code lookup page on Nintendo's website.

Here's what I found:

Error Code: 005-5644

Nintendo eShop

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the Nintendo eShop. Power off your system and try again.

If you continue to experience problems, please call 1-800-255-3700 for assistance.

AND

Error Code: 005-4305

Maintenance

The Nintendo eShop is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.

If you continue to experience problems, please call 1-800-255-3700 for assistance.

Don't know if I can post links here, but here goes:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/lookup.jsp

Otherwise, just do an Internet search for "Nintendo 3DS Error code lookup" or something like that.
#7sunny_red51Posted 3/22/2013 8:45:51 PM
Sorry for the double post. I think I may have misunderstood the original poster.

Anyway, I did a search for the first error code and didn't find much info. But one poster on the Nintendo tech forums suggested doing a full power off, "by holding down the power button for 10 seconds..."

I don't know if you have already tried this. When I power off my system, I just push the power button for one or two seconds, so I just wanted to mention this.

Sorry to not be much help...
#8Wooly_of_Doom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:22:49 PM
Nah man, thanks for posting anyways yeah I tried that to no luck :/
#9sunny_red51Posted 3/22/2013 10:23:36 PM
Wooly_of_Doom posted...
Nah man, thanks for posting anyways yeah I tried that to no luck :/

Sorry to hear you aren't able to get it working. I had problems with the e-shop a couple of times like that, where it just wouldn't let me stay connected.
Maybe it's going through maintenance or just too busy??

One thing I found online is that someone was having trouble with their credit card. It didn't seem to go through but kept charging (they just didn't realize it because they kept getting error messages), so they ended up having the same amount charged like five times. That guy had to call Nintendo and his bank to get it straightened out. So, maybe the e-shop is just messing up for some people?

It might just be that the e-shop is busy, if there are lots of people signed on at once.
So, it might be as simple as waiting a few hours for things to quiet down. Not sure.

Again, sorry that I can't help more. I know how frustrating it can be to have problems like that (and to not have anyone post back). If you can't sign on by tomorrow or something, it might be a good idea to try calling Nintendo.