What do you take of this Nintendo email?

#1RJP_XPosted 3/22/2013 8:40:09 AM
Greetings,

Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear what's going on with your system housing. With a small number of systems there may be slight variations like you described. I want to assure you that these are within the quality specifications for the system and will not affect game play. In order to find out if the hinge is within specification, follow these steps:

1. Open the system until the LCD screen and body of the system are at an approximately 180 degree angle (there should be a clicking sensation).

2. From this position, close the upper screen until it is at an approximate 160 degree angle (there should be a clicking sensation).

3. With the system opened to an approximate 13 degree angle (about an inch), ensure that the unit closes with no external force.

4. Open the system back to a 180 degree angle, then turn it upside down to ensure that it does not automatically close to 160 degrees under its own weight.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2Zekrom98Posted 3/22/2013 8:42:00 AM
ok
---
3DS FC: 1289-8698-7326
Black 2 FC: 0992-0446-4997
#3RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:42:10 AM
Like what does within quality specifications mean?

Also could you explain the directions, not sure what the degrees is all about?
---
#4RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:45:52 AM
Basically the problem with my 3DS is that it makes a clicking, keh, popping sound when its closed from the left hinge, or makes that sound when I open it less than an inch.
---
#5Eric_CoronaPosted 3/22/2013 8:54:04 AM
RJP_X posted...
Basically the problem with my 3DS is that it makes a clicking, keh, popping sound when its closed from the left hinge, or makes that sound when I open it less than an inch.

Mine does that too. It doesn't matter. It is supposed to do that. I mean the first instruction says "there should be a clicking sensation"
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 3/22/2013 8:58:20 AM
If you don't understand those instructions there is a chance you aren't old enough to post here or contact Nintendo. That's like 7th grade stuff here, and I'm from Arizona with one of the worst public school systems in the history of public school systems. That means its probably 5th or 6th grade stuff elsewhere. Angles and degrees are basic stuff.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7Zekrom98Posted 3/22/2013 8:58:35 AM
RJP_X posted...

Quality specifications are the expected quality in which it was designed for.

The degrees are the angle the 3ds is in each position. A straight line is 180, so the 3ds in a fully opened position is about 165. If you put the 3ds screen straight up it would be 90 since that would be half of a straight line (which is 180) so it is a right angle. 360 means 1 full rotation, for example a circle is 360 and all the sides of a quadrilateral equal 360. For example, a dodecagon has 12 sides, so its external angles would add up to 360, but however, its internal angles would add up to 1,800. Each angle on its own would equal 150, and this can be found with the simple equation (n-2)*180. This is just the basics of geometry, for there is much more to be learned and discovered.

I hope you might have gotten something from this lesson.
---
#8RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:00:13 AM
Eric_Corona posted...
RJP_X posted...

Mine does that too. It doesn't matter. It is supposed to do that. I mean the first instruction says "there should be a clicking sensation"

Thats when its open all the way though. I'm talking about while its closed if you press the screen up a bit, or start to open it less than an inch open it makes that sound. So you have that and find it normal? It just SEEMS like to me it just started though.
---
#9Zekrom98Posted 3/22/2013 9:00:33 AM
And yes, I can't imagine why you havent learned this already, unless you are underaged.
---
#10adonfrazPosted 3/22/2013 9:01:50 AM
RJP_X posted...

When manufacturing a product it's impossible to produce every single unit "exactly" the same every time. So there are certain standards a product must reach to not be defective, and it appears your 3DS is just passable.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst