The Vita is getting 100 games in 2013. Should Nintendo be worried?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The Vita is getting 100 games in 2013. Should Nintendo be worried?
3 years ago#1
I say no. It'll probably be mostly indie and mini games <_<
I had fun once, it was horrible.
3 years ago#2
Both portables will probably get 100 new games in 2013, and the majority of both will probably be shovelware. I don't think Nintendo has to worry about looking over their shoulder, they actually seem to have a very good lineup of top-notch games for the system this year to offset all of the shovelware.
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
3 years ago#3
100 minigames in 1?
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
3 years ago#4
Nope. Doesn't matter how many games it's got. Only thing keeping me from getting a Vita at this point is the price. $250-$300 for the machine(depending on which version), plus however much for a memory card, plus $40 for a game? I'll stick with my 3ds and PSP for the moment.
3 years ago#5
The thing is: how many of that 100 games will be original ideas (that means no ports) and of those, how many sail away from Japan?
Vita has a decent roaster there, but if those games don't jump to America, that won't affect vita's sales.
And most of them will probably be app game/indie gamers. I don't complain about the quality of those, I just think that a console whose main support is not given by it's creator nor big companies is endangered.
That is to say, if at least 10-20 games are GOOD and sony helps them get localized, we may have vita for a while. If not, it will be like psp again (I mean outside of Japan).
And there are also another points why Nintendo won't be worried:
-Vita still has to create it's own niche, while the 3DS has already one(and a pretty big one-with that amount of consoles sold in 2 years they have a succesful console live ensured)
-The PS4 will compete with power, which will mean that they games will take longer to produce and will be more expensive (which means not a lot of focus from 1st party studios in there and not a huge amount of money to advertise/localize new ips from 3rd party)
-The whole focus on the advertisement of psv is seriously BAD: it tries to capitalize in the great idea of unified accounts and ps+, as well as the launch of dual plat games. But again, what will happen with the PS4?
Friend code (3DS): 2036-6778-7047
3 years ago#6
Too bad 95 of those games are probably obscure Japanese only games....
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
3 years ago#7
I rather have 1 masterpiece than 100 crap games.
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787
3 years ago#8
Have you tried fighting 1 Elite War Elephant with 100 villagers before? That.
Tried to start a blog... -->
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
3 years ago#9
I'm trying to think how many of those will be Indie games.
R.I.P. Dragonballzfan2, Knuckles_Sonic, LPxDBZ.
3 years ago#10
Is this Japan-only? Because the list of upcoming Vita releases in NA and Europe sure doesn't look very big..
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The Vita is getting 100 games in 2013. Should Nintendo be worried?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived