Would you buy a DS/Phone hybrid over..

#1DredjPosted 3/22/2013 9:14:57 PM
Would you buy a DS/Phone hybrid over a AAA smartphone like an iPhone 5, Galaxy S4 or HTC One.

You have your DS games on the go, Pokemon or whatever, a game of substance is my point, instead of crap like Angry Birds. It has an Android O/S so you can get your favourite apps and Crapware games like Angry Birds, and obviously you can make phonecall's with it.

If casual gaming is really taking over with Smartphones leading the way as the handheld doing it, I think Ninty would murder the handheld and smartphone market in 1 swoop.

Or Sony! who ever goes first wins.
#2MetalLokiPosted 3/22/2013 9:15:23 PM
No.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#3hyper kobun dashPosted 3/22/2013 9:17:13 PM
MetalLoki posted...
No.

---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#4PuddingchanPosted 3/22/2013 9:17:29 PM
No. Not going to look good is what I think of it.
#5SafetyReyPosted 3/22/2013 9:20:12 PM
Dredj posted...
Would you buy a DS/Phone hybrid over a AAA smartphone like an iPhone 5, Galaxy S4 or HTC One.

You have your DS games on the go, Pokemon or whatever, a game of substance is my point, instead of crap like Angry Birds. It has an Android O/S so you can get your favourite apps and Crapware games like Angry Birds, and obviously you can make phonecall's with it.

If casual gaming is really taking over with Smartphones leading the way as the handheld doing it, I think Ninty would murder the handheld and smartphone market in 1 swoop.

I think Sony already tried this, kinda.
---
Waiting for the frost white 3ds [us]
If i slept at night how would i watch you?
#6Dredj(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:40:52 PM
SafetyRey posted...
Dredj posted...

I think Sony already tried this, kinda.

It was Nokia with the N-GAGE, not a really a company to take charge of this, and it was also before we had a smartphones and waaayyy before we had smartphones with the tech to make people think they will take over.

All I know with Sony is that the Vita has.. I think 3G connectivity.
#7Axel21xPosted 3/22/2013 9:50:02 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/the-playstation-phone/
---
Uchuu ni yume wo... hoshi ni negai wo...
"Yasui! Takai ga, yasui!!"
#8Halladay32Posted 3/22/2013 10:00:57 PM
I don't know, yes? I personally don't care about smartphones or whatever. I don't need every device I own to be everything, and do everything, and clothe and feed me. I've had the same cell phone since 2006, and it can send texts and perform its ancestral phone duties, and nothing else! And I like it! Just give me a gaming device that can play quality games, and I'll like that too!
---
"Why do we feel these rainbows are so fairytale-like? Have you ever thought about that?"
#9strongo9Posted 3/22/2013 10:08:55 PM
Sony already tried and failed at that recently. It ended up being worse than a handheld or smartphone ever could.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#10258lazaPosted 3/22/2013 10:19:15 PM
I have the Xperia play, and it would be absolutely awful if it weren't for those "Special" capabilities, involving "Cheap" entertainment, if you catch my drift.

The battery life is bad, it randomly freezes, the wifi will just stop, and android in general is unorganized. Also the charger it comes with is crap, and will go out after a month of use.

SO, no, I wouldn't.
---
The official Arc of the Final Fantasy XV boards!