How is New Super Mario Bros 2?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 3/23/2013 12:51:49 AM
I really like 3D Land, and i doubt its as good as that one..but i heard from people that NSMB2 is more challenging, and the coin gimmick does separate it into something different..im guessing it is greatly inferior? i kind of disliked the ghost houses in NSMB series to be honest =/ is it worse than the Wii one? or better?
#2warlord78Posted 3/23/2013 12:57:52 AM
I like the game, but if you haven't enjoyed previous games you probably won't like this one.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 3/23/2013 12:58:10 AM
challenging? no not more than 3d land. lots of people think it a bad game because of the coin gimmick but after beating all the levels i spend weeks playing coin rush
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#4RayKnightPosted 3/23/2013 1:00:48 AM
Challenging? No.

Fun? Yes.

I'll be honest, I haven't play any NSMB games and this is my first NSMB game on the 3DS. So to me, it was fun. As I don't own a Wii (not much games I want on there compared to the PS3. I own a 3DS and a DS over the Vita and PSP for the same reason, not much games I want on the Vita / PSP compared to the 3DS / DS).

My girlfriend completed it pretty quickly, I'm still taking my time as I'm occupied with Kid Icarus.

I'd recommend getting it if this is your first NSMB, because I heard that for "veteran NSMB" players, they said it's just a clone.
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#5ghall89Posted 3/23/2013 1:01:28 AM
It's not a bad game, but I personally found 3D Land to be more enjoyable. It's pretty much the same as any New Super Mario Bros game, and that's not really a bad thing unless you're expecting anything new.

The later levels, as well as the levels in the bonus worlds can be challenging, but the fact the game hands out lives like candy the challenge is kind if negated.
#6warlord78Posted 3/23/2013 1:40:41 AM(edited)
Yeah, lives are based on coins and this game encourages you to collect 1,000,000 coins so it's pretty hard to get a game over.

Actually, if you want to make this game hard just try to finish the game with the least amount of coins, now that's though.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#7Dinoman96Posted 3/23/2013 4:00:11 AM
boring. completely utterly boring. stay away unless you REALLY want a 2D Mario game to play.

In which case, you'd be better of playing the old games, or NSMB Wii.
---
wargle gargle
#8JumpmandkPosted 3/23/2013 4:18:11 AM
3D Land is far superior to this in every way possible.

One shows why Nintendo is one of the greatest game companies in history(although a tad short), and other shows how the same company can release a quick cash in title to fill holes in-between more well thought out releases.

Mario Bros 2 isn't terrible, as Mario titles are still better than 90% of the games out there, but that doesn't make it any less of a lazy game for Nintendo. Although the 3DS Rayman Origins is a very poor port, many have stated that the game play is still intact, I would say go with this over MB2.

It is what a 2D platformfer should aspire to, and shows that other developers besides Nintendo, can and will take Marios 2D crown, if they are not willing to put forth the proper effort to keep Mario fresh and innovative in this area.
#9BrokenBandit84Posted 3/23/2013 4:45:24 AM
It's pretty much the exact same thing as previous games in the series.
#10ShadowElite86Posted 3/23/2013 9:16:15 AM
Its a fun game, its just a been there done that deal. Its also very easy, so it makes for a decent game to play when you want to relax and wind down.