How is New Super Mario Bros 2?

#11SoaringDivePosted 3/23/2013 10:20:44 AM
The level design was surprisingly well done, however it all feels like you've played the same level millions of times because they did nothing to differentiate it aesthetically or mechanically. Grass, desert, water, snow, sky, lava.

Coin rush is really fun, especially for quick gaming on the go.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#12Willie_MakeitPosted 3/23/2013 11:01:15 AM
It's really not a bad game as long as you don't fall for the million coin gimmick. Not the best Mario I've played, but it's still worth playing.
---
Sig.
#13RazieruPosted 3/23/2013 11:50:12 AM(edited)
It's romhack city with some overpriced three minute DLC thrown in to increase its tiny length. The NSMB 1 romhack is NOT worth full price, and is not worth it if you have already played any or every other NSMB game. Try and get it for free.

Retroxgamer0 posted...
I really like 3D Land, and i doubt its as good as that one..

3D Land is the better game. Trust me.

but i heard from people that NSMB2 is more challenging,

Don't mind those Nintendo fan kids. They're only 9, so they don't know any better or what they are talking about. NSMB 2 is even easier than a Pokemon game, so how is it more challenging than 3D Land?

and the coin gimmick does separate it into something different..

More ignorance and fanboyism from those kids I see. The coin gimmick is a pointless mechanic thrown in to merely change the look of the title screen, nothing more.

is it worse than the Wii one? or better?

The Wii one is much better. It has multi-player, albeit a pointless and cluster **** of a multi-player element, it is much longer, and more challenging.
---
I am the sincerest realist.
#14PrincessTsukiPosted 3/23/2013 11:51:15 AM
It's pretty underwhelming. Level design isn't too interesting, and the coin gimmick ultimately results in a huge surplus of lives, making the game really easy (yet my friend has trouble with it without me).

Your only replay value is going to be in collecting every Star Coin and getting a high score in Coin Rush.
#15StarmanJuniorPosted 3/23/2013 1:01:23 PM
a quick mediocre cash-in by nintendo, the only way you'll enjoy it is if you haven't played any of the other new super mario bros. games. Nintendo showed how lazy they can be with this one. I'd avoid it out of spite.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.