Club Nintendo free retail game

#11darkninja07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:34:48 PM
I'm definitely not complaining about a free game, but I'd just rather have the physical copy. I already own 3D land and I'm not interested in Art Academy or FreakyForms, which leaves either Professor Layton or Starfox. I'm leaning towards Starfox, just because it's a game I've been meaning to pick up, but my optimal scenario is to find someone who wants one of the games, give them the code to download in exchange for a physical game/money (less than what the eShop charges of course), and then go get a physical game that I actually want.
---
3DS FC: 0946-2242-0145
#12mjc0961Posted 3/23/2013 2:42:20 PM
JoeBudden42 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
You could trade the code with a friend?

3D Land is not worth the $40 price tag.

Yes it is.

No it's not. Too short and what is there isn't terribly fun to play. Also has broken control mapping that cannot be fixed via an options menu. A and B both jump, WTF is this? A is jump and B is run, how can they screw up something they themselves started with the original Super Mario Bros?!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#13Lord_FroodPosted 3/23/2013 2:45:51 PM
mjc0961 posted...
JoeBudden42 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
You could trade the code with a friend?

3D Land is not worth the $40 price tag.

Yes it is.

No it's not. Too short and what is there isn't terribly fun to play. Also has broken control mapping that cannot be fixed via an options menu. A and B both jump, WTF is this? A is jump and B is run, how can they screw up something they themselves started with the original Super Mario Bros?!

Except every damn Mario game with 4 buttons since Super Mario World has used Y to run and B to jump. Moot point.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#14crimsonclaw111Posted 3/23/2013 2:47:18 PM
mjc0961 posted...

Probably because A to run + B to jump is uncomfortable as hell. Y+B is where it's at, MK7 made me a believer. MUCH more comfortable.

I haven't played SM3DL yet so idk if it is Y+B though.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#15parKb5Posted 3/23/2013 5:54:22 PM
I know how you feel. I don't really like digital downloads of retail games either and I just picked up a 3DS XL and am getting Luigi's Mansion tomorrow.

Not sure whether to get Prof. Layton or Mario 3D Land.

Sometimes those Layton puzzles get to me and I have to look up the FAQs for clues. Plus, you can only play through it once. That is why I was leaning towards Mario because Mario games you can usually play over and over.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#16CWtennisPosted 3/23/2013 6:11:29 PM
Ya I qualify for a free game as well but unfortunately I have the three games that actually seem worth playing.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#17WrestlinFanPosted 3/23/2013 6:48:22 PM(edited)
Why not original 3DS? Either have it as an equal or stop selling it. Yeesh

---
Thank you for 434 days of the greatest title reign in history. Best in the World bab-eh. Don't support Bethesda, buy their games used.
#18OoSubaruoOPosted 3/23/2013 6:51:04 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Why not original 3DS? Either have it as an equal or stop selling it. Yeesh

Because, they want to boost sales for the XL. That's the point of this promotion.
#19WrestlinFanPosted 3/23/2013 6:56:37 PM
True, but it still sucks for original 3DS owners like myself.
---
Thank you for 434 days of the greatest title reign in history. Best in the World bab-eh. Don't support Bethesda, buy their games used.
#20darkninja07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:48:28 AM
WrestlinFan posted...
True, but it still sucks for original 3DS owners like myself.

Yeah, but did you buy your 3DS recently? The promotion is only valid on XLs that were registered back to like mid-February. Also, spend extra $30 on system, buy specific game, get rewarded with another game (valued at theoretically $39.99)... seems to make sense to me. Like I said, not complaining about it, I just prefer to have the physical game card with games that are available as such. Same thing with Xbox 360/Playstation 3 games - I'd much rather have the disc vs a downloaded retail title.
---
3DS FC: 0946-2242-0145