How hard is the first Kid Icarus?

#1RJP_XPosted 3/23/2013 9:31:10 AM
I'm thinking about starting it soon, not sure what to expect challenge wise. Does a walkthrough need to be present?
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2CircleOfManiasPosted 3/23/2013 9:34:01 AM
It has a backwards difficulty curve. The first few levels are by far the hardest, and then it lets up after that.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#3emagdnEPosted 3/23/2013 9:36:23 AM(edited)
difficulty is greatly overblown, first few stages are hard due to your low health bar, but once that goes up, the difficulty drops significantly

then you get the crystals and whatnot.....
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#4JobocanPosted 3/23/2013 9:35:48 AM
A walkthrough isn't needed, you can just make your own maps if you want, and the non-dungeon levels are straightforward. The only thing that's useful to know is that there's a hidden leveling system, so you can grind a little bit if you want, it gives access to power-ups at some points.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#5Furikuri_flclPosted 3/23/2013 9:41:39 AM
Playing with custom controls makes the game a joke, even the first three stages.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#6RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 12:32:12 PM
I completed 1-1 through 1-3 so far. Those are the hard levels?
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#7CurryfiendPosted 3/23/2013 12:43:51 PM
The levels before the first boss are the hardest, once you kill him it's plain sailing from there.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i50.tinypic.com/14ie929.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc
#8IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/23/2013 7:45:12 PM
i just beaten the 3d classic version today at about 3 hours and 38 min. changed jump to B button and fire to Y. played with custom controls as well. that autofire and floating when falling down (hold jump when falling) makes the game easier.
once you get passed underworld, it gets a bit easier.

the plutons that steal your power ups are so annoying.
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.