Bought my first Pokemon game Nintendo didn't include English language option!

#31ShadowRisaePosted 3/23/2013 7:37:11 PM
I think it's really just your fault for not looking at the box.

I live in Japan. I think your complaint is like the equivalent of me walking down the street to the store near me that sells games, buying a random video game, and then complaining that the video game is in Japanese.

For what it's worth, I do know some other foreigners here in Japan who seem annoyed that the Japanese don't know English better and that they have the audacity to put their signs in Japanese. You remind me of them.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#32SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/23/2013 7:48:02 PM(edited)
Lol serves you right!
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#3301Philip01Posted 3/23/2013 7:54:55 PM(edited)
Quote:Why are you in France if you don't have any desire to learn French? Seems a bit odd that's all

And yeah it sucks that Nintendo are too cheap to put multiple languages in a DS game

@Curryfiend

To visit/long stay in a country doesn't make you have to learn the language.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#34SalogyPosted 3/23/2013 7:57:25 PM
thedicemaster posted...

and any game I could find in my collection with language options specifically states it with a 5 in 1 logo composed of several flags representing the supported languages.

with 3DS games they improved on this by making a mandatory languages box between the barcode and the seal of quality showing which game languages and manual languages are included.

All my import DS titles have multiple flags on their boxes (including the British flag) or are completely written in their native language. I made sure to research that I could play those games on my DSlite and what languages they were in. Even though I don't understand Japanese, I can still enjoy playing import games and you should too because you can still enjoy the gameplay if you can't understand the story.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#35AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 1:05:18 AM
ShadowRisae posted...

I live in Japan. I think your complaint is like the equivalent of me walking down the street to the store near me that sells games, buying a random video game, and then complaining that the video game is in Japanese.

For what it's worth, I do know some other foreigners here in Japan who seem annoyed that the Japanese don't know English better and that they have the audacity to put their signs in Japanese. You remind me of them.

The box didn't mention anything.
and I would never assume for Japanese games to have english.

BUT in Europe all the games like always include english so its nothing like your example.

But 99% of the time all games I bought in Europe have english language options.
just like most movies I buy in France have French and English audio options.

I don't think it was wrong to assume that this game would have an english option too because all the other Nintendo games I have bought always had english.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#36SluggishSlothPosted 3/24/2013 8:13:15 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
ShadowRisae posted...

BUT in Europe all the games like always include english so its nothing like your example.

I don't think it was wrong to assume that this game would have an english option too because all the other Nintendo games I have bought always had english.

Who buys movies?
#37AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:37:16 AM
SluggishSloth posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
ShadowRisae posted...

Who buys movies?

people do.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#38aPimp_named_leEPosted 3/24/2013 8:50:15 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Seriously wtf?!

decided to buy Pokemon heart gold today since it was on sale and I always wanted to try out the series.

I currently live in Europe, France to be exact and its because I'm doing studies here.

I don't speak French.
I don't have any desire to learn French.

So I buy this game and I assumed that since its an AAA Nintendo game I could expect multiple language options.

I bought a European 3ds since I'm staying in Europe for a while and changed the system language to english.
So far all AAA Nintendo games I buy like Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D land, Zelda OoT, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart DS etc... all have like 6-8 included language options for german english italian, french, spanish, dutch etc.

Well here I start playing my recently bought Pokemon game and the whole goddamn thing is in French and I hate it! >:(

I was going to get Platinum, Black and Black 2 eventually but after this horrible experience I'm never going to buy them.
Even the upcoming X and Y games.

Because I assume those games have only 1 f***ing language option included and its an AAA nintendo game!

Seriously wtf is up with that?
And then Ninty wonders why everyone pirates stuff...

serious or troll? if serious get over it. i bought, played, and beat the Japanese pokemond diamond without a walkthrough and it actually made pokemon fun and challenging at times. the games are all pretty straightforward and the only thing you will be missing out on is the story... which you can use online guides to get the gist of with the wiki page. in the future just buy it online from amazon uk or shopto like others have suggested.
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~