So, Luigi's Mansion 2 is not another Paper Mario Sticker Star right?

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 3/23/2013 10:53:41 AM
Even though the game is "hard"(Something I don't really mind) and with very well hidden collectibles and puzzles, it's not like Paper Mario where...You know the story, already -_-
---
http://www.backloggery.com/christian138
#2StephenYap3Posted 3/23/2013 12:10:39 PM
From the looks of it, no. It still has the familiar gameplay from its predecessor, even though with slightly changed tweaks.

And by the way, I don't think Paper Mario was bad. It's not a great game, sure, but nowhere near as bad as Mario Tennis Open.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#3Lord_FroodPosted 3/23/2013 12:38:00 PM
Except for the fact that they are in two entirely different genres of game. Quit comparing everything to Sticker Star.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#4LMDSPosted 3/23/2013 1:17:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Sad_FacePosted 3/23/2013 3:15:46 PM
Except for the fact that they are in two entirely different genres of game. Quit comparing everything to Sticker Star.

When people compare Dark Moon to Sticker Star, they aren't comparing the actual content to one another. They're comparing how much did they expand or progress their respective series. You have to remember that the reason for these comparisons are motivated by the fact that both Luigi's Mansion and the Paper Mario series haven't had a proper sequel since the GC era (and LM's case, never) and the fact that Miyamoto produced both games and had a major influence on the directions for both of the games. Since most veteran PM fans were quite disappointed with the direction SS took, thanks to Miyamoto, it's only natural that those same people going to be apprehensive about how good Dark Moon's going to turn out.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 3/23/2013 3:20:25 PM
no because nlg realized sequels aren't supposed to be treated like there a completly new game.

it helps that miyamoto was more leient this time.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Ignoring:anyone who pisses me off
#7VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:35:10 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

Should have specified better.
Here goes: what I mean is that in Sticker Star, your progress in the game was sometimes sort of a drag because the things you need to actually progress were *almost* impossible to find. Thus, you will have to go to countless areas and check EVERY area just to find it (in this case, Stickers). I usually found most of the necessary things because I had the instinct of, "hey, this feels off". But after 20 hours of doing it, I got annoyed. Still a good game but the execution of the ideas needed polish.
---
#8VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:11:06 PM
So its not like SS right? In terms of how I explained it in the post above.
---
#9SMASHKING84Posted 3/23/2013 4:13:30 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
So its not like SS right? In terms of how I explained it in the post above.

for waht i was told the puzzles in this game are always solved by something you find in the same room so you won't have to back track through the entire area looking for the right item.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Ignoring:anyone who pisses me off
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 3/23/2013 4:14:28 PM
Sad_Face posted...

When people compare Dark Moon to Sticker Star, they aren't comparing the actual content to one another. They're comparing how much did they expand or progress their respective series. You have to remember that the reason for these comparisons are motivated by the fact that both Luigi's Mansion and the Paper Mario series haven't had a proper sequel since the GC era (and LM's case, never) and the fact that Miyamoto produced both games and had a major influence on the directions for both of the games. Since most veteran PM fans were quite disappointed with the direction SS took, thanks to Miyamoto, it's only natural that those same people going to be apprehensive about how good Dark Moon's going to turn out.

Dark Moon is getting amazing reception, so I highly doubt it's another Sticker Star.