Do ya'll still get happy when a game releases? Question mainly for Adult gamers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do ya'll still get happy when a game releases? Question mainly for Adult gamers?

User Info: VerySolidusSnak

VerySolidusSnak
3 years ago#1
I don't anymore...
:(
I used to count the days of when a game releases, think about it non-stop, watch videos of it, etc. But ever since I went to college last August, I not that excited. I would normally be SUPER excited for Killzone: Mercenaries, MH3U, Luigi's Mansion, etc but now it's like, "I can wait however long."
I'm 18 btw.
http://www.backloggery.com/christian138

User Info: Emeraldrox

Emeraldrox
3 years ago#2
I'm 16, and I find it kinda iffy. I do get super excited for some games, like Zelda/Pokemon/AnimalCrossing, but now that I have a job and buy my own games, I really worry about funds and that kinda brings me down in hype, knowing I cant afford some at launch.
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216

User Info: RayzerTag

RayzerTag
3 years ago#3
19 here, it comes and goes. Sometimes I feel nothing when I pick up a game I have been waiting years for (Fire Emblem: Awakening, despite the game being excellent btw), sometimes I can't sit still from excitement (XCOM: Enemy Unknown).
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.

User Info: Bikes-

Bikes-
3 years ago#4
20. Depends on the game, I've been broke a lot lately so I've had to enter a permanent meh state to avoid getting hyped up for games I can't afford. I do tend to get hyped up while waiting for them to arrive when I do order them though (get almost all my games off amazon these days)

User Info: Nintenbro

Nintenbro
3 years ago#5
Uhhh... The majority of gamers are adults, actually... Lol! :D
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#6
19 and rarely. I get more excited about sales now lol
If I play a game that's new at a friend's or something and it was really fun, I'll get excited to buy it eventually, but the last time I was actually hyped for a game launching...? Probably was late 2011/early 2012.
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group

User Info: Kurizaka

Kurizaka
3 years ago#7
I'm 26 and I still get super excited over some games. =)

User Info: Nintenbro

Nintenbro
3 years ago#8
Lord_Frood, the last time was excited for a game to be released, was the midnight launch party for Skyward Sword. So late 2011 for myself as well. :D
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

User Info: Emeraldrox

Emeraldrox
3 years ago#9
The last time I was really hyped for a game was probably Kingdom Hearts 3D, or Kirby's Dream Collection.
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216

User Info: MrDrippy

MrDrippy
3 years ago#10
It's rare for me when I feel that way. It mainly happens for any Metal Gear and I can't wait for BioShock Infinite.
http://i.imgur.com/R8gpXAg.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do ya'll still get happy when a game releases? Question mainly for Adult gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived