Do ya'll still get happy when a game releases? Question mainly for Adult gamers?

#121Shadowstar108Posted 3/24/2013 5:42:23 AM
I'm having a hard time getting excited for games in general anymore. I'm looking forward to Soul Hackers in a few weeks, and I'll probably pre-order it. But, I'm just losing my passion and dedication for games.

Lan915 posted...
VerySolidusSnak posted...
But ever since I went to college last August, I not that excited. I would normally be SUPER excited for Killzone: Mercenaries, MH3U, Luigi's Mansion, etc but now it's like, "I can wait however long."
I'm 18 btw.

Yeah, college tends to suck your interests away like that, you'll get used to it.

Wow, that sucks. I'm a 19-year-old college student, but I don't give much effort towards my schoolwork and get A's and B's. I feel like I'm more depressed at being single for almost a year before being a college student.
---
~Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem: Awakening~
#122FishbulbPosted 3/24/2013 7:35:32 AM
I get excited for system launches because these still feel like events.

Games? Not really anymore.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#123fuzi11Posted 3/24/2013 7:37:29 AM
27 and yeah. Once in a while there is a game that makes waiting horrible

Smash Bros Brawl
Kid Icarus uprising
right now it's Injustice next month
and of course
Smash U
#124SoraizkoolPosted 3/24/2013 7:59:10 AM
Not unless it's a continuation of a story that I'm really into (Ace Attorney,Zero Escape,Metal Gear) Or Zelda :P
---
That was...objectionable!
GT:Dalesdeadbug123
#125silenthill4vidPosted 3/24/2013 8:00:35 AM
Fishbulb posted...
I get excited for system launches because these still feel like events.

Games? Not really anymore.

same here b0is. game comes out, who gives a bootay.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#1261958FuryPosted 3/24/2013 8:21:26 AM
I'm 39, and I occasionally get excited about new games, but not to the degree I used to. I remember when Mega Man 3 came out for the NES, I didn't know the actual release date, so I was stopping by Toys R Us every day after school. I can still remember how excited I was the day they finally had it. I nearly got in a wreck trying to read the instruction booklet while driving home. I skipped my homework and played it the rest of the night.

Right now I'm eagerly anticipating "Injustice: Gods Among Us" for my 360, and the upcoming Smash Brothers game for the 3DS. But now I'm just like, "well, I'll get it off Amazon when it comes out, and it'll be fun when it arrives." I still see the occasional midnight showing of a new movie, and I did pick up the 7th Harry Potter book at one of those midnight events, but for the most part I no longer need things the day they come out.
---
360: MattAndKJ
3DS: 1306-5310-8353