Do ya'll still get happy when a game releases? Question mainly for Adult gamers?

#71Valkerion757Posted 3/23/2013 7:11:31 PM(edited)
Depends on the game.

Alot of games this generation are kinda... "playing because I should" when I say that I mean its the next "great" game ect. Not that I overly listen to hype or suggestion but its like, so few game have that personal charm this gen that its kinda like having a girlfriend for years and its just going through the motions lol.

Last game I was generally excited to play and 100% enjoyed was going through Xenogears again last year... Theres just too many sequels and even worse reused ideas this gen that like the TC said, its hard to get actually excited anymore.

Being said I'm excited for Injustice as a fighting game fan and a comic fan and it being a new IP. Also for Pokemon X, mostly because I will actually be getting a 3DS at that time.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#72Kou-NurasakaPosted 3/23/2013 7:26:07 PM
22, and yeah, I still get excited. I don't buy many games, so when I focus in on one, I tend to obsess over it. Tales of Xillia is my top pick right now, and I'm counting the days.
#73Shadow_X06Posted 3/23/2013 7:31:06 PM
I'm currently 23 and I used to get ecstatic about certain games from my favorite franchises way back when. Time passed, I grew up, had to get a job, pay my college/various other debts and I barely have any time/energy at all to play.

Additionally, I can't deny the fact that I'm broke 90% of the time, so that's another contributing factor to why I can't seem to get hype for any new release anymore. Aside from my financial crisis, whenever I sit down and unwind, I still enjoy my games with the same passion that I had in my childhood days.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#74andizzle29662Posted 3/23/2013 7:36:49 PM
I'm 25 and still get hyped for games from my favorite franchises. I was heavily anticipating tomb raider, and it was worth the hype. I was really pumped for skyward sword and most recently fire emblem. I can't wait for Pokemon x and pikmin 3!
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.
#75UpyersPosted 3/23/2013 7:54:25 PM
im 20(almost 21), and i do with some games, but not as often as i used to, i excited for KH 1.5 remix, and ffx/x-2 remaster but thats about it atm
---
PSN: Upyers My top 5 fave FFs: 7, 5, 9, 2, and 4
Reverb: reverbnation.com/kingblink
#76Kromlech06Posted 3/23/2013 7:54:46 PM
I was mega hyped for monster hunter, still kinda am even after its out.

Haven't been this excited since brawl came out.
#77Darthvoorhees13Posted 3/23/2013 7:59:04 PM
The most recent one is Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

The last one was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
---
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"
- Dr. Gregory House (House, M.D)
#78Holy_OblivionPosted 3/23/2013 8:10:02 PM
Yep. Can't wait for pokemon x and y, and project x zone. Also the super smash bros wii u in the future
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#79CWtennisPosted 3/23/2013 8:12:50 PM
I'm 18 and ya I've noticed that 'pre-game' hype has become nearly non existent now. I used to get SO excited before a game came out. Heart Gold/Soul Silver were the last games where this really affected me but I remember pacing around on Saturday doing nothing but wishing the time could just hurry up and pass by.

Now half the time I forget when games are coming out until a few days prior. I still get excited for Pokemon games but not as severely.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#80Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 3/23/2013 8:13:21 PM
Absolutely! Unless I can't afford it. Then I get sad.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948