TWEWY vs Persona 4: Better RPG overall?

#31Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:32:22 PM
EdwardDigital posted...
I have yet to play my copy of Persona 4. I fell for the TWEWY hype and bought a copy. I felt it was boring all around. I'm not one to complain and nitpick about characters, music and what not cause I could care less about those aspects. I just want to have fun when I play and TWEWY was flat out boring. I felt playing it was a chore so I gave it away to a coworker. It was so bad that I didn't care about the money I spent on it. I just gave it away.

I felt the exact opposite. :/

Looks like Persona 4 is winning so far! :P
#32OoSubaruoOPosted 3/23/2013 9:37:59 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
EdwardDigital posted...
I have yet to play my copy of Persona 4. I fell for the TWEWY hype and bought a copy. I felt it was boring all around. I'm not one to complain and nitpick about characters, music and what not cause I could care less about those aspects. I just want to have fun when I play and TWEWY was flat out boring. I felt playing it was a chore so I gave it away to a coworker. It was so bad that I didn't care about the money I spent on it. I just gave it away.

I felt the exact opposite. :/

Looks like Persona 4 is winning so far! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Dv1M8WMUs
#33FefnirOmega13Posted 3/23/2013 9:46:55 PM
TWEWY was pretty poor on the whole; the music was it's saving point, it was a game with a cast of bland characters, a predictable story, a clunky and irritating battle system that could have been innovative and awesome if they'd just done some button mapping...

I could go on. However, I've never played P4.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#34badboyPosted 3/24/2013 2:05:33 AM
Frankly both are very overrated but P4 was more fun.
#35danny5329Posted 3/24/2013 2:12:31 AM
P4 by far
#36Rizaadon007Posted 3/24/2013 2:19:37 AM
TWEWY. I love the crap outta P4, but I hate the way you have to manage your time and a lot of other things in order to get max social links on the first run... I don't wanna have to use a guide, dangit!
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#37Deimos259Posted 3/24/2013 2:57:04 AM
Persona 4 easily
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#38Big_IsaacPosted 3/24/2013 2:57:15 AM
TWEWY is a huge pile of garbage, so P4 wins by default.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#39shampoowarriorPosted 3/24/2013 6:18:58 AM(edited)
Persona is obviously going to win, since it is basically the pinnacle of gaming for the anime kids, but I found TWEWY to be the better game as far as pretty much everything goes. I like P4, don't get me wrong, but every character was a moron, the plot was boring. I like the combat, but it is easy-mode since you don't lose turns for hitting strengths IIRC. I've always liked social links, but the dungeon gameplay was seriously held back by boring randomly generated dungeons.

TWEWY was pure joy to play all the way through. I genuinedly liked the plot and characters, the story was passable and not as dumb as Persona's, and the combat was amazing.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#40silenthill4vidPosted 3/24/2013 6:13:23 AM
Ghetsis posted...
Persona 4, because it wasn't so zetta stupid.

I don't like games that try to be "hip."

P4's gameplay was a helluva lot better, too.

---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.