Luigi's Mansion vs. Kid Icarus: Uprising

#1gnugget5Posted 3/23/2013 9:09:20 PM
I've just recently finished my first playthroughs of both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Etrian Odyssey IV (both AMAZING games) and am looking to pick up something new for the 3DS.

I'm currently contemplating between Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Kid Icarus: Uprising for my next purchase. Both are first-party titles that have generally great reviews. KI:U is about a year old title whereas LM:DM is out tomorrow. From what I've heard, both games have about the same length main story (5-10 hours) with increased replay value mainly coming from multiplayer (KI:U likely has the advantage there...more content?)

One thing I've for which I've heard mixed reviews concerns the controls for KI:U. Some say they are broken, others swear they are fantastic. I do have a 3DSXL and have some concern about the one-handed play style for KI:U (not to mention, excessive use of the L button).

Any individuals that have played both and are inclined to weigh in on their perspective would be greatly appreciated.
#2Carbuncle009Posted 3/23/2013 9:13:00 PM
Kid Icarus: Uprising still hasn't killed my L Button. You may want to get KI:U on a return policy if you want to try it, the controls aren't for everyone. It also has tons of content (360 In-Game Award Achievements, Online Multiplayer, Weapon Fusing).
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#3Master_BassPosted 3/23/2013 9:22:24 PM
I only played Kid Icarus a bit but it didn't really hold my attention. Luigi's Mansion looks fun, though.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/omegazero55/Random/JudithOYO.gif
#4MATADOR480Posted 3/23/2013 9:31:14 PM
I bought KI: U and played about an hour of it. I hate the control scheme. The flying sections are really well done, the on foot parts, not so much.
I am pretty stoked for Luigi's Mansion. Looks different and interesting, I never played the original but I am planning on buying this at midnight.
Not sure that was helpful. Anyway, my two cents.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#5jedinatPosted 3/23/2013 9:33:44 PM
You really should get both regardless. If money is an issue just wait for Kid Icarus to go on sale again. It's been $15 a couple times.
#6danmiy12Posted 3/23/2013 9:34:03 PM
KI:U coulda used a demo but ya it isn't for everyone...if you end up getting used to the controls it is an overall decent game...or it could be one of your favorites so many unlockables and adjustable difficulties and multiplayer is pretty fun

A Luigi mansion game hasn't come out in many years I am excited to play it
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
#7emagdnEPosted 3/23/2013 10:06:46 PM
Dark Moon looks like it could actually turn out good

Uprising is one of the absolute worst games ever made
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 3/23/2013 10:07:28 PM
jedinat posted...
You really should get both regardless. If money is an issue just wait for Kid Icarus to go on sale again. It's been $15 a couple times.

Heh, down here it's only gone on sale for $30.
#9Rurouni720Posted 3/23/2013 10:30:35 PM
emagdnE posted...

Get out, troll.
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 3/23/2013 10:41:48 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
emagdnE posted...

Get out, troll.

Responding to him, only shows that he's winning by goading you.