thinking of buying a 3DS but can't decide on games

#1xdifferentxPosted 3/23/2013 11:18:42 PM
I only really wanted a 3DS for animal crossing and possibly Pokemon XY, but now seems like the best time to grab the system but I'm not going to just buy a system and not have a game for it for 3 months.
I need some suggestions.
Here's since information to help.

I've already beat super Mario 3d land and resident evil revelations on a friend's device.

I thought about getting Luigi's Mansion but I haven't beat the first game.

I've played every Pokemon mystery dungeon game so far but always quit them in like a hour so I don't think it'll be any different with the new one.

Monster Hunter looked fun but I wouldn't have anyone to play with and I've heard it's kinda boring alone.

Never been a fan of Fire Emblem or Kiddy Hearts.

I'm relatively picky and that's why I'm having this dilemma.
#2MishimaBloodPosted 3/23/2013 11:50:25 PM(edited)
Wut is dis....KH seems "kiddy" to you yet Pokemon and Animal Crossing doesnt..?? o.O
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#3RPGNinja123Posted 3/24/2013 12:02:40 AM
If you never been a fan of Fire Emblem then there is no reason to get a 3DS its one of the staples of Nintendo.
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787
#4LinkMaster2703Posted 3/24/2013 12:04:33 AM
No one cares.
#5Emperor_GestahlPosted 3/24/2013 12:06:14 AM(edited)
MishimaBlood posted...
Wut is dis....KH seems "kiddy" to you yet Pokemon and Animal Crossing doesnt..?? o.O

I understand what he means. Pokemon and Animal Crossing have stories so basic they're essentially placeholders for character motivation and to give the game context. As such an older player finds it easy to ignore the story and focus on gameplay. Kingdom Hearts has a certain Squareenix pretension towards melodrama that always ends up sounding juvenile.
#6xdifferentx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:13:55 AM(edited)
I grew up with Pokemon, and honestly.. Who doesn't like Animal Crossing? That crap is addicting...

I came here for suggestions.
#7MishimaBloodPosted 3/24/2013 12:52:00 AM
xdifferentx posted...
I grew up with Pokemon, and honestly.. Who doesn't like Animal Crossing? That crap is addicting...

I came here for suggestions.

The fact that u grew up with Pokemon doesnt make the game less childish than KH. Plus, u come here for suggestions and u re being ironic on a game that many people love. In short u re starting a flame war.
Anyway, to answer ur question.
Fire Emblem
KH 3D
Etrian Odyssey 4
RE Revelations
SMT: Devil Survivor
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

These are some good games and they re mostly my preferences.
Also Kid Icarus, Luigis Mansion are great from what I ve heard by I dont like them personally.

As for upcoming games.
Soul Hackers
SMT IV
Pokeyman Y/X

I might have missed a few but these are pretty much the good ones
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle