What's the matter with Tales of developers?

#21Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:32:47 AM
ForteCanSwim posted...
Hercik1 posted...
Tales of the abyss 3ds adds less loading times other wise a direct port. 74,000 opening week.
Tales of hearts R adds new characters, graphics, and battle system. 55,000 opening week.
Yet they say there fan base is on Sony systems.
Why don't they make another 3ds tales of game?

Yet Vesperia 360 sold 100,000 so their fan-base must actually be on 360, derp
Look at the ports instead, they'll give you real context. PS3 Vesperia sold better than 360. PS3 Graces sold better than Wii. PS2 Abyss sold better than 3DS. PS2 Symphonia sold better than Gamecube. They say their fan-base is on Sony consoles because it is.

They can probably make more from DLC on them, too.

I see what your saying but after a certain point that's more of tales studio fault. I mean it looks like every game they made for a different console gets an enhanced edition for Sony so why would people buy a game when they can wait a year and get the better version?
#22ForteCanSwimPosted 3/24/2013 7:44:37 AM
Though you can also argue that the sales of the original lost by people avoiding it to wait for the port are offset by the sales of the port lost by people who buy the original but are unwilling to buy the same game twice. And don't forget that in most cases it's not something you can easily predict. For example, Symphonia was ported before porting was an unsurprising thing, Abyss took the better part of a decade and came out of nowhere, and Vesperia was believed to be a 360 exclusive for a good while. Anybody who follows the series probably could've saw Graces f coming, though.
#23badboyPosted 3/24/2013 7:46:06 AM
AceMos posted...
badboy posted...
It's because not many people have a Vita yet. Compare the sales of the DS Tales of games with the PSP ones.

agian the DS tales games only came out in JAPAN tht is not a good excuse to say they dont sell on nintedo consoles

The numbers that TC listed are for Japan only.
#24zelda_king3Posted 3/24/2013 7:58:14 AM
Hercik1 posted...
ForteCanSwim posted...
Hercik1 posted...
Tales of the abyss 3ds adds less loading times other wise a direct port. 74,000 opening week.
Tales of hearts R adds new characters, graphics, and battle system. 55,000 opening week.

Look at the ports instead, they'll give you real context. PS3 Vesperia sold better than 360. PS3 Graces sold better than Wii. PS2 Abyss sold better than 3DS. PS2 Symphonia sold better than Gamecube. They say their fan-base is on Sony consoles because it is.

I see what your saying but after a certain point that's more of tales studio fault. I mean it looks like every game they made for a different console gets an enhanced edition for Sony so why would people buy a game when they can wait a year and get the better version?

So they can play the game now and sell it and then get the enhanced version later on?
---
PSN: US: Spud_Commando | JP: zeldaking3
3DS FC: 4055 - 3299 - 4026
#25Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:42:45 AM
badboy posted...
AceMos posted...
badboy posted...
It's because not many people have a Vita yet. Compare the sales of the DS Tales of games with the PSP ones.

agian the DS tales games only came out in JAPAN tht is not a good excuse to say they dont sell on nintedo consoles

The numbers that TC listed are for Japan only.

Yeah I couldn't find tales of abyss US numbers and hearts isn't out in US.
#26EmeraldroxPosted 3/24/2013 10:46:45 AM
I love the Tales series, even more than Final Fantasy games. I just wish we got more localized, I dont care about what system its on as long as we get it.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#27TakayaNorikoPosted 3/24/2013 10:47:02 AM

The matter is that developers are boring people, and no one wants to hear their tales.
---
I ate a bear once, you know.
#28Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:21:41 PM
TakayaNoriko posted...

The matter is that developers are boring people, and no one wants to hear their tales.

I see what you did there.
#29SMASHKING84Posted 3/24/2013 5:54:58 PM
ForteCanSwim posted...
Hercik1 posted...

bull crap namco themselves said tales does better on nintendo system in an issuse of nintendo power.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#30crimsonclaw111Posted 3/24/2013 6:27:50 PM
Scamco
---
XBL GT: roboitoam