What's the matter with Tales of developers?

#31Jakerific44Posted 3/24/2013 6:32:49 PM
TakayaNoriko posted...
What's the matter with Tales of developers?

The matter is that developers are boring people, and no one wants to hear their tales.

LOL hilarious...
---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
http://i48.tinypic.com/w2mtnc.jpg <<<LOL (FIRE EMBLEM: A SPOILERS)
#32AkaneJonesPosted 3/24/2013 9:12:47 PM
ForteCanSwim posted...
Though you can also argue that the sales of the original lost by people avoiding it to wait for the port are offset by the sales of the port lost by people who buy the original but are unwilling to buy the same game twice. And don't forget that in most cases it's not something you can easily predict. For example, Symphonia was ported before porting was an unsurprising thing, Abyss took the better part of a decade and came out of nowhere, and Vesperia was believed to be a 360 exclusive for a good while. Anybody who follows the series probably could've saw Graces f coming, though.

They sabotage the game. You could see that Vesperia's port seemed to be getting better treatment. It was released before Graces, sold well, then Graces was announced for the same released time period as Final Fantasy XIII & New Super Mario Bros. Wii. We already saw what happened to Tales of the Abyss when placed up against Final Fantasy XII. They clearly knew what was going to happen. When it turn out that it was so buggy that it needed a recall, and clearly felt unfinished, we knew what happened.

We didn't need the skewed poll they quickly dropped asking if Grace f should be Wii or PS3. I think some one should have spam bombed that poll to make it look in favor of Wii, because it was clearly a fix anyway. They should have just delayed the game a few months and finished it properly. We already saw the budget being whittled away by Vespira when Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World came out. We saw it again here.

As for Symphonia getting ported well the exact same thing happened to Tales of Phantasia on PS1. It's not an argument to say well it happened to Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, & Chrono Trigger. No Nintendo console has gotten ports of any Tales of games, it's always been the other way around.They could even up port Destiny of a Sony system that could already play it. I wasn't a magic surprise that it happened Symphonia, but rather an indication of the trend. It was the lack of an Abyss port to Gamecube that frustrated and cemented the idea.

I find it funny they want to "expand" the audience of Tales of, but only port/remake games to an even smaller selling set of Sony fans. And yes they said that after Tales of the Abyss 3DS was already coming out and in the west. There are currently no new 3DS or WiiU announcements about Tales of. All have been PS3 & Vita related, and ones that probably shouldn't have happened. Even the speculation at this point is all Vita getting Tempest R, which is even more bull(since it was bad in the first place).
#33lanifPosted 3/24/2013 9:19:39 PM
most of the tales psp games are japan only but like 3
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#34mahboiPosted 3/24/2013 10:31:23 PM
No future 3DS title will top the Sales of the Abyss!

...I'll leave now...
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 59
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#35hyper kobun dashPosted 3/24/2013 10:47:58 PM
Even if they make a new game for 3DS, what are the odds that it'll come to the US?

Importing is out for me thanks to region lock.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#36helldewPosted 3/24/2013 10:55:40 PM
in Japan on PSN their DLC habits have gotten to crazy levels. Vesperia Xillia and Graces had a insane amount of DLC. granted a lot of it was superfical crap (although there is a insane lack of costumes in Xillia)

Namco really needs to give the 3DS more tales games and release them here

And to the guy who was asking about abyss its a fantastic game. definitely one of the high tier RPG on the PS2 and the 3DS port is a pretty damn good accessible version of the game. its like a ARPG battle system ,think FF until you get into a fight then it becomes realtime like starocean. A fair bit of customization and teh character development/voice acting is a huge part of the game. it has huge production values and its shows.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#37Ryan SiPosted 3/25/2013 12:57:40 AM
Sony systems sell well in Japan and more traditional (or hardcore/niche) gamers in the West are more likely to own a Microsoft/Sony system and purchase third-party games for it. It's just the way it is.

They clearly want to stick with one system at this point. That's why you have Vesperia (JP), Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2 on PS3. More Tales announcements incoming as well..
---
Most Wanted: FFX HD (PS3), TMNT: Out of the Shadows (PC), Age of Empires II HD (PC)
#38SMASHKING84Posted 3/25/2013 1:09:04 AM
ps2 symphonia sold better because higher install base
same with ps1 phantasia
abyss sold worse because 3ds is a new system and it doesn't have a very big install base yet.

graces and vesperia ps3 sold better because by then the tales francise had gained more sony fans,and both games were released agaist games something as niche as tales didn't stand a chance against.
if tales of symphonia ps2 was localized the ps2 version would only did better in japan.

because in north america tales is more popular with nintendo fans then sony fans.
and if they weren't so xenophobic the na market would be more important as there are 300 million people in america and japan only has maybe a tenth of that population.
more potenial buyers means more sales.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#39Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:36:19 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
ps2 symphonia sold better because higher install base
same with ps1 phantasia
abyss sold worse because 3ds is a new system and it doesn't have a very big install base yet.

graces and vesperia ps3 sold better because by then the tales francise had gained more sony fans,and both games were released agaist games something as niche as tales didn't stand a chance against.
if tales of symphonia ps2 was localized the ps2 version would only did better in japan.

because in north america tales is more popular with nintendo fans then sony fans.
and if they weren't so xenophobic the na market would be more important as there are 300 million people in america and japan only has maybe a tenth of that population.
more potenial buyers means more sales.

This is how I feel.