DS Games on 3DS XL

#1sergecross73Posted 3/24/2013 8:51:45 AM
1) How do they look?

2) How big is the image? Does it fill up the entire bottom screen?
---
"Reach out your hands, out for the ones who need it when times get rough. Times will get tough, just get up again." -Flaw
#2Dynasty_VicPosted 3/24/2013 8:53:33 AM
I can't really tell the difference how good it is compared to the orignal DS.

You can switch it back to the normal DS screen size by holding start and select after clicking on the play/app button of that DS game. Only difference is that its smaller and the resolution looks very amazing. (to me)
---
Taking the Dustiflier easily for KH 358/2 Days :http://youtu.be/XH6LFvUVrjM
#3sergecross73(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:56:58 AM
I personally don't care as much about resolution as much as I care about using as much of the screen as possible. I love how I can resize the screen on the PSP when playing ps1 games on it, but hated that there's no options to use more screen size on the 3DS when playing DS games...
---
"Reach out your hands, out for the ones who need it when times get rough. Times will get tough, just get up again." -Flaw
#4sergecross73(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 9:32:03 AM
Come on, all you Pikachu 3DS guys ;)
---
#5GhetsisPosted 3/24/2013 10:25:57 AM
I think the image is fine. Then again, I prefer blurriness to jaggies.

But yes, it takes up the whole of the bottom screen. And an equivalent part of the top screen.

You can also hold down some buttons to make the game run at the original DS' screen size....or something. But I never bother with it.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#6SPDShadowRangerPosted 3/24/2013 10:35:17 AM
I personally can't stand it. Looks too washed out for me.
#7sergecross73(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:14:16 PM
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt limited to the size of the DS's screens.
---
#8CyDetrakDPosted 3/26/2013 11:17:31 AM
Some games look fine stretched but not all ds games were created equally tbh.