I seriously don't see the appeal of Pokemon.

#1xxxRemmyxxxPosted 3/24/2013 9:10:39 AM
I swear anything Pokemon related comes out and people become mindless sheep (talking about the Pikachu 3ds). I forget which one it was, but I played one of the old ones for the GBA way back when, but I found it rather boring. The gameplay was meh, but the story was just bland and generic. It wasn't really bad, I just can't see why people go all nuts over this stuff. It's the same stupid gimmick every gen. "You gotta catch, em all!!!". But in order to do so you have to buy two versions of the same friggin game. I even thought about getting one in recent years just to see what all the fuss is about since it's a new gen, but looking at some of the reviews and gameplay footage of some of the more recent ones on Youtube I just can't bring myself to do it. I'd rather eat my own vomit.

Btw. I brought my flame shield, so go crazy.
#2Vito219Posted 3/24/2013 9:13:29 AM
Well if it doesn't appeal to you, why worry. Go spend some time playing/thinking about games you do enjoy. Everyone has their own tastes.
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003
#3xxxRemmyxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 9:17:40 AM
Vito219 posted...
Well if it doesn't appeal to you, why worry. Go spend some time playing/thinking about games you do enjoy. Everyone has their own tastes.

I'm not worried about it, but it gets a little aggravating when people come on gamefaqs and flood the front page with a million variations the same damn topic.
#4Shadowstar108Posted 3/24/2013 9:18:30 AM
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Vito219 posted...

I'm not worried about it, but it gets a little aggravating when people come on gamefaqs and flood the front page with a million variations the same damn topic.

You're new to this site, aren't you?
---
~Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem: Awakening~
#5xxxRemmyxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 9:19:10 AM
Shadowstar108 posted...
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Vito219 posted...

You're new to this site, aren't you?

Actually no. Just tired of Pokemon.
#6Second_ChancesPosted 3/24/2013 9:20:23 AM
Because it's fun and charming.

The "people going ballistic over literally everything Pokemon" thing is due to corporate brainwashing during the craze. Luckily, I somehow didn't get caught up in it. But I still care a bit too much about the franchise.
#7Shadowstar108Posted 3/24/2013 9:21:00 AM
It'll die down in a couple of days. Let the happy buyers have their moment of joy. I personally didn't get one, but I understand the joy of getting something that's rare and what you wanted. :)
---
~Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem: Awakening~
#8SalsaSavantPosted 3/24/2013 9:21:05 AM
Well, it's not for everyone.

Though I should say the old ones on the Game Boy weren't very good compared to todays. So there is that.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#9DilliciousPosted 3/24/2013 9:21:21 AM
Cry more TC, your tears are simply delicious. :3
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: Etrain Odyssey 4, Devil Survivor Overclocked.
#10Dynasty_VicPosted 3/24/2013 9:24:08 AM
The only real appeal to pokemon for me is the depth and strategy that goes into the gameplay when going against other people. Its not really shown well in the in game story.

It just makes the game seem less kiddy and more focused on using your mind and the gameplay.
---
Taking the Dustiflier easily for KH 358/2 Days :http://youtu.be/XH6LFvUVrjM