I seriously don't see the appeal of Pokemon.

#81TeremeiPosted 3/24/2013 6:18:28 PM
I didn't see the appeal either for the longest time. Sure I played a bit of the gameboy, then later again and now am back again and I'm addicted. I think it's got alot of psychology tied into it. Hording and collecting pokemon, putting sentimental value into a pokemon based off looks, where you caught it, it's moveset. It's just a very well made game that is incredibly fun if you chose to get into it.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#8290sRetroGamingPosted 3/24/2013 6:53:04 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Dillicious posted...
Cry more TC, your tears are simply delicious. :3

http://i.imgur.com/1cDX8.gif

That's not creepy at all..
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#83adonfrazPosted 3/24/2013 6:55:01 PM
parKb5 posted...
adonfraz posted...
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Vito219 posted...
Well if it doesn't appeal to you, why worry. Go spend some time playing/thinking about games you do enjoy. Everyone has their own tastes.

I'm not worried about it, but it gets a little aggravating when people come on gamefaqs and flood the front page with a million variations the same damn topic.

A Limited Edition console that's $40 off the regular price was just released this morning.

Of course there are going to be a lot of topics about it, Pokemon or not IMO.

There would be plenty of topics for a U.S release of a Limited Edition Fire Emblem, Luigi, SMT, or Monster Hunter XL console too.

Ummm..there is a Limited Edition Fire Emblem system that was released in the US.

See? It got so little attention, you didn't even know it existed.

Guess you missed the XL part. The U.S only got a F.E regular 3DS.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#84coldwinePosted 3/24/2013 6:58:37 PM
Tc, I seriously don't see the appeal of you, lol. I'm sure that you enjoy stuff that many others would find vomit inducing.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#85Chimera268Posted 3/30/2013 9:13:27 AM
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
I swear anything Pokemon related comes out and people become mindless sheep (talking about the Pikachu 3ds). I forget which one it was, but I played one of the old ones for the GBA way back when, but I found it rather boring. The gameplay was meh, but the story was just bland and generic. It wasn't really bad, I just can't see why people go all nuts over this stuff. It's the same stupid gimmick every gen. "You gotta catch, em all!!!". But in order to do so you have to buy two versions of the same friggin game. I even thought about getting one in recent years just to see what all the fuss is about since it's a new gen, but looking at some of the reviews and gameplay footage of some of the more recent ones on Youtube I just can't bring myself to do it. I'd rather eat my own vomit.

Btw. I brought my flame shield, so go crazy.

K
---
Currently Playing: Adventure Time (3DS), Gravity Rush (Vita).
#86INTERWEBUSERPosted 3/31/2013 3:03:39 AM
Wild remmy appeared!
Wild remmy uses compalin!
Fromanothertime is confused!
Fromanothertime snappes out of confusion!
Fromanothertime uses reasoning!
"Well thats your opinion blah blah..."
It's not very effective...
Remmy uses vomit!
Remmy has eaten his own vomit...

EATED HIS OWN VOMIT?!

He wins... what can i say? His logic is air tight guys.

http://lueshi.info/upload/images/rehash.gif
---
#87DarkIVloonPosted 3/31/2013 4:35:06 AM
I don't see the appeal either. I'm 27 and a Ninja Turtle kid. By the time Pokemon came out I was just too old for it in my mind and I was happy playing with action figures in the tub prior to that. You can't take Pokecards into the tub with you.

If there was a Ninja Turtle 3DS or big hype for TMNT like there was in the late 80's to mid 90's then I'd jump on that.

What gets me is i see people even older then me playing Pokemon on their 3DS and I have to wonder what is wrong with them.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#88demonfang178Posted 3/31/2013 5:04:03 AM
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Vito219 posted...
Well if it doesn't appeal to you, why worry. Go spend some time playing/thinking about games you do enjoy. Everyone has their own tastes.

I'm not worried about it, but it gets a little aggravating

So yeah, you're worried.
#89BlueBombei2Posted 3/31/2013 5:05:26 AM
DarkIVloon posted...
I don't see the appeal either. I'm 27 and a Ninja Turtle kid. By the time Pokemon came out I was just too old for it in my mind and I was happy playing with action figures in the tub prior to that. You can't take Pokecards into the tub with you.

If there was a Ninja Turtle 3DS or big hype for TMNT like there was in the late 80's to mid 90's then I'd jump on that.

What gets me is i see people even older then me playing Pokemon on their 3DS and I have to wonder what is wrong with them.

I'm 26 and when Pokemon came out I was in 4th grade. I got it as a birthday present because my mom saw that you had to read to play the game and for some reason that translated over to learn for her. Fell in love with the game due to the amount of time I put into and the idea of playing against my friends. You'll have to understand that someone who is older than us playing the game doesn't have anything wrong with them, they are doing what they enjoy. If you have a problem with someone else enjoying what they like I'd have to ask... what's wrong with you?
#90INTERWEBUSERPosted 4/2/2013 1:43:10 AM
If you have a problem with someone else enjoying what they like I'd have to ask... what's wrong with you?

I don't. It's the way they s*** up every GameFAQs board with their incessant topics, that bothers people.
---