Digital games are better than physical games

#1thisguy12Posted 3/24/2013 12:00:35 PM
1) Digital games are more convenient. Being able to sit on your coach and download your games is plain simpler.
2) Having all of your games on the 3DS is very nice and organized.
3) NO MORE CARRYING CARTRIDGES! What's the point of having a portable handheld if you have to carry a bag of cartridges with you?

I understand that people enjoy collecting boxes, but I've never cared for them. Once you let go of the need to physically hold games, digital is just so much nicer.

There's no use in trading your games in if Gamestop/EB Games diminishes their value so greatly. Unless you trade in 20 games at a time. But still. The pros have digital outweighs the physical.

You can't lend games to anybody, which is true. Although I don't share my games with anybody (except pokemon) :p

I do believe that digital games should be cheaper than physical copies. I admit it.

You'll probably have to buy a bigger memory card. Although after I bought a 32gb SD card, I don't have to worry about losing space.

Who in the right mind would drive to blockbuster if you can stream a movie easily at home? Blockbuster is out of business, and for a good reason. I have a feeling we're moving into a new era of digital gaming. Has anybody else made the jump yet?
#2Flamingace18Posted 3/24/2013 12:02:36 PM
I like collecting the cases and manuals. Also, due to Nintendo being one of the most incompetent game companies in the regard of not having an account system of some sort, if your game is somehow wiped from your 3DS or Wii good luck getting it back.

Digital is on the horizon and I'm going to fight it every step of the way.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 3/24/2013 12:09:28 PM
The only cons of digital (in 3DS case) is the possibility of losing your games, as it's not really tied to an account

And (for now), retail stores have better deals than eShop.

I admit on PC, i own nothing but digital games
#4ADHDguitarPosted 3/24/2013 12:14:53 PM
On portables, yes. The only thing stopping me from going all digital is sharing. I have siblings.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 3/24/2013 12:16:59 PM(edited)
Who says you have to carry all your games with you? I only take the game I'm actually going to bother to play.

Preference for either Digital or Physical is all opinion based, none are better than the other.
#6thisguy12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:16:26 PM
For a home console, I prefer physical copies.
But on portable, digital is obviously better.

If a person broke their 3DS, couldn't he/she just transfer all their data to another 3DS by swapping SD cards?
#7Darkstorm16Posted 3/24/2013 12:25:09 PM
If you are like me and love convenience and don't want to delete games then your screwed and your limited because hey....even a 32GB has its limits, I mean it can essentially hold 30 3DS retail...but then what if you saw some 3dsware or dlc hogs up more memory....well then you have to delete and what if you can't get it back?
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#8KaiRyusakiPosted 3/24/2013 12:25:20 PM
thisguy12 posted...
For a home console, I prefer physical copies.
But on portable, digital is obviously better.

If a person broke their 3DS, couldn't he/she just transfer all their data to another 3DS by swapping SD cards?

No, that'd be too easy for piracy.

You need to run a "transfer program" on both 3DS to do this.
#990sRetroGamingPosted 3/24/2013 12:29:24 PM
Main four problems here with digital:

1. They're TOO expensive at full MSRP of $39.99. would all have to be $20-$25 for me to even take them seriously.

2.They're TIED TO THE SYSTEM itself. inexcusable. get those *** damn user accounts up.. NOW!!!!!.

3. ZERO incentives to go digital i.e. no physical or digital pre-order bonuses, no massive amount of extra CN coins for buying digitally (50 extra CN coins for NSMB2 was a joke) and no EXTRA content (DLC) later on for buying digitally.

4. Cannot resell if you END UP hating or not caring for the game. no money back for you!.

You're right about the convenience factor but that's not not good enough considering the main four issues i mentioned above. i didn't list "no physical goods like box, manuals and artwork" because either you love it or you hate it. personally i love it. i can't get this with digital.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#10ZanimarPosted 3/24/2013 12:30:38 PM
Me I prefer a medium of both. Getting it digital when it's first comes out since it's more than likely the price will be same regardless of what method you go and then later down the line get the physical version once it's cheap for both collection purposes and as a back up in the event Nintendo goes and makes it so you can't have your digital games anymore.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971