Digital games are better than physical games

#21Swiftblade09Posted 3/24/2013 2:57:36 PM
Lets go over a little scenario. Say you have a handheld system. Heck lets even say it has a better eshop service than Nintendo and is thus account based. Say you want to play a game a few years after the service is discontinued. So you go to turn on your system and lo and behold the system doesn't work be it physical damage or hardware problems. In such a situation all of your digital games are gone forever. Any physical copies you have however should be playable as soon as you get a new system. The possibility of such a situation is why I buy and prefer physical copies to digital.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#22crimsonclaw111Posted 3/24/2013 3:00:01 PM
Digital blows. I had my 3DS stolen. On it was Kirby's Adventure 3D, a whole bunch of paid and downloaded Theaterythym songs, Kid Icarus 3D, ambassador status plus games, and a bunch of other things. Nintendo will not refund me or allow me to redownload any of it because it was tied to that one system. Absolutely, awful.

^ This kind of **** is why I would never go digital only with Nintendo unless they fixed their archaic limits.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#23Carbuncle009Posted 3/24/2013 3:01:50 PM
better for you =/= better for me

/opinions
/topic
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#24Starwars4JPosted 3/24/2013 3:07:21 PM
Physical games you actually own. That instantly defeats every pro digital media has.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#25warlord3Posted 3/24/2013 3:11:03 PM
Everything you purchase in the eshop is documented in your account activity. If you have to delete something to make room on your card you can always re-download it later from that 3DS without any problem. If your 3DS breaks or gets stolen you just call Nintendo and they can do a virtual transfer to your new 3DS.

If you want to check and see if Nintendo is documenting everything you have done on the eshop go to Settings, Account Activity inside the eshop, there you will see dates and amounts of every time you have added money to your account, as well as receipts for everything you have purchased from the eshop.

If you don't want to use the eshop that's fine, but making up a bunch of crap about the eshop being bad makes no since. It works just like Steam I don't know why so many people have such a problem with it.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#26crimsonclaw111Posted 3/24/2013 3:13:04 PM
Everything you purchase in the eshop is documented in your account activity. If you have to delete something to make room on your card you can always re-download it later from that 3DS without any problem. If your 3DS breaks or gets stolen you just call Nintendo and they can do a virtual transfer to your new 3DS.

If you want to check and see if Nintendo is documenting everything you have done on the eshop go to Settings, Account Activity inside the eshop, there you will see dates and amounts of every time you have added money to your account, as well as receipts for everything you have purchased from the eshop.

If you don't want to use the eshop that's fine, but making up a bunch of crap about the eshop being bad makes no since. It works just like Steam I don't know why so many people have such a problem with it.

And for those who live in a country without a Club Nintendo? What happens if their 3DS gets stolen or something? What if they don't have the serial number to give over the phone?
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#27JP_SartrePosted 3/24/2013 3:14:05 PM
Good luck trading in your digital games. This concept only exists to kill the pre-owned game sales market.

Greed will kill the industry again.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#28parKb5Posted 3/24/2013 3:14:50 PM
thisguy12 posted...

Who in the right mind would drive to blockbuster if you can stream a movie easily at home? Blockbuster is out of business, and for a good reason. I have a feeling we're moving into a new era of digital gaming. Has anybody else made the jump yet?

Would you use NetFlix if they charged you $20.00 for each movie you watched?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#29warlord3Posted 3/24/2013 3:16:03 PM
Write down your serial number. Club Nintendo is not necessary, but it's nice to have because of all the bonuses you can get.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#30tarnishedashPosted 3/24/2013 3:18:40 PM
Is it me, or is physical vs digital only a big deal on 3ds forums? I have never seen this be an issue ever, or at least to this extent on any other platform. I'm kind of awestruck by it, why does anyone care?