Digital games are better than physical games

#41darkness1018Posted 3/24/2013 3:58:31 PM
the ability to resell alone will always physical better then digital.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#42Starwars4JPosted 3/24/2013 9:45:20 PM
Blood_Nights posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Physical games you actually own. That instantly defeats every pro digital media has.

No you don't. If you actually read the user agreements, they generally clearly state that you don't own software, regardless of if its physical or not.

I can sell my physical games, I cannot with my digital ones. I will always be able to play my physical games, I can lose access to my digital ones should something happen either to the publisher or the manufacturer of the system I play it on.

I own my physical games (just not everything about them, as in I cannot copy them even though I own them). I do not own my digital games (no one does).
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#43ShadyBrad1984Posted 3/24/2013 9:56:29 PM
I have one game digital (Castlevania:Los:MoF) and I only bought it digital because EB Games told me on release day that they had "no street date".

I prefer retail, but if retaliers want to screw around customers, I say screw them.

Until Nintendo brings in an account system, physical all the way.
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: LoS:MoF SMT:StrangeJourney and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting MH3U, Bioshock Infinite and Luigi's Mansion2
#44roo10158Posted 3/24/2013 10:15:13 PM
Razieru posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Main four problems here with digital:

1. They're TOO expensive at full MSRP of $39.99. would all have to be $20-$25 for me to even take them seriously.

2.They're TIED TO THE SYSTEM itself. inexcusable. get those *** damn user accounts up.. NOW!!!!!.

3. ZERO incentives to go digital i.e. no physical or digital pre-order bonuses, no massive amount of extra CN coins for buying digitally (50 extra CN coins for NSMB2 was a joke) and no EXTRA content (DLC) later on for buying digitally.

4. Cannot resell if you END UP hating or not caring for the game. no money back for you!.

You're right about the convenience factor but that's not not good enough considering the main four issues i mentioned above. i didn't list "no physical goods like box, manuals and artwork" because either you love it or you hate it. personally i love it. i can't get this with digital.

---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#45blazeUP12Posted 3/24/2013 10:17:10 PM
You can't resell a digital game you don't want/play anymore. Even if you get crap for reselling a game, it's better than nothing.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#46Gogo726Posted 3/24/2013 10:23:19 PM
I'd like to see one of the next gen systems have a lending feature for digital titles. It's already used on some Kindle books so it's not too much of a stretch to allow digital lending.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#47KurenoPosted 3/25/2013 4:33:00 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Main four problems here with digital:

1. They're TOO expensive at full MSRP of $39.99. would all have to be $20-$25 for me to even take them seriously.

2.They're TIED TO THE SYSTEM itself. inexcusable. get those *** damn user accounts up.. NOW!!!!!.

3. ZERO incentives to go digital i.e. no physical or digital pre-order bonuses, no massive amount of extra CN coins for buying digitally (50 extra CN coins for NSMB2 was a joke) and no EXTRA content (DLC) later on for buying digitally.

4. Cannot resell if you END UP hating or not caring for the game. no money back for you!.

You're right about the convenience factor but that's not not good enough considering the main four issues i mentioned above. i didn't list "no physical goods like box, manuals and artwork" because either you love it or you hate it. personally i love it. i can't get this with digital.

1. Retailers would flip tables at your level of discount. A $5 discount would be a little more reasonable. But not even PSN has all publishers on board for that. It's all about them Benjamins.

2 Soon™. And even without, you are not without options if something does happen to your system, assuming you registered your system or at least wrote the serial down.

3. 50 extra coins sounds pretty decent, actually, but that's not the point I want to touch on. Giving X extra content/deals to either digital- or retail-only causes butthurt to the other camp. I know I was a little disappointed that you could get $20 off MH3Us for buying both on Amazon, but no such digital deals could be done. Maybe this could have been a thing if there was a unified eShop, but who knows? It's also too late to matter. I wonder if the eShop is even set up in a way to handle things like pre-orders.

4. Simple solution is what normal people should do: Only buy games digitally you don't ever plan to sell. Or hell, even do some basic research on the game. This is GFAQs, info is relatively plentiful.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#48Lord_FroodPosted 3/25/2013 5:21:51 AM
I find them to be about equal.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group