Nintendo, you are idiots. Just saying. [Pikachu 3DS XL rant]

#1SakurafanboyPosted 3/24/2013 2:36:51 PM
Today I wanted to get me and my girlfriend the Pikachu XL. So we called up Target this morning. They only got 3 in and they sold out within minutes. I was able to get 1 XL at GameStop which is going to my girlfriend, yet I am without.

Granted I do plan to buy one off EBay even if it means having to unwillingly support scalping (oh what fun). Thing is -- THIS SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY. The damn thing doesn't cost Nintendo much at all to produce. It sells for $200, yet I'm very very positive it costs them under $100 to make each XL. Why not make it limited in the sense production stops end of April? Gives people time to get it, but it would still be valuable.

Nintendo are handling this release like brain dead morons. I'm at the point where I wonder if they even have air circulating through their hollow skulls. This is not how you handle releases. This is how you piss off and lose customers. Good job, Nintendo.

Even if the cost is over $100, they're sitting on many, many billions of dollars that making it for about a month wouldn't matter. Especially since they're selling it for double that $100 manufacturing costs.

Nintendo, please wise up and realize that doing a 1 shipment only release is beyond stupid, it crossover into "DOES YOUR BRAIN EVEN FUNCTION?".
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2SalsaSavantPosted 3/24/2013 2:38:24 PM
Someone doesn't understand the point of limited editions.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#3Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 2:39:46 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

Limited is fine, but 1 shipment is only going to lose you customers. This is just ****ing with people and only giving to people who have hundreds of dollars burning holes in their pockets which is a very miniscule amount of people. As I said -- 1 month. That would fair and still limited.
---
#4ares9090Posted 3/24/2013 2:41:16 PM
Wrong place to complain, you better go complain to Nintendo's Customers service, perhaps one of their robots actually thinks for itself and destroys every human in the company and overtakes it to please the customers
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#5Madness2012Posted 3/24/2013 2:52:50 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

I agree i waited all night for mine,you know why,Bexause they are LIMITED EDITIONS,
LIMITED being the key word here.If you wanna complain,call Nintendo costumer service....

Look up the word LIMITED

confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed: a limited space; limited resources.
#6Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 2:55:17 PM
Madness2012 posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

I agree i waited all night for mine,you know why,Bexause they are LIMITED EDITIONS,
LIMITED being the key word here.If you wanna complain,call Nintendo costumer service....

Look up the word LIMITED

confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed: a limited space; limited resources.

So we're going to be blind Nintendrones that instead of realizing Nintendo's handling this super poorly, we're going to jump on "Oh its limited dur hur hur hur hur hur". Yeah, you enjoy lettign Nintendo **** around with you.
---
#7crimsonclaw111Posted 3/24/2013 2:57:13 PM
They'll probably make more after they see how well the first round sold.

What they REALLY need to do is create either a purple XL or AN ALL BLACK SYSTEM. All black should be the very FIRST color to launch, but NoA still screwed up.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#8tmac666Posted 3/24/2013 2:57:20 PM
I just walked into walmart and bought one 20 mins ago. They got in 4 and I was the only one to buy one so far today.
---
High Voltage Rock 'N' Roll
Ride On
#9Starwars4JPosted 3/24/2013 3:03:46 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
It sells for $200, yet I'm very very positive it costs them under $100 to make each XL.

This is why people who have no idea what they're talking about shouldn't say anything. You really come off looking completely uninformed. Don't like hearing this? Then please post a source where you see information that backs you up.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10redmarthPosted 3/24/2013 3:05:14 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Madness2012 posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

Look up the word LIMITED

So we're going to be blind Nintendrones that instead of realizing Nintendo's handling this super poorly, we're going to jump on "Oh its limited dur hur hur hur hur hur". Yeah, you enjoy lettign Nintendo **** around with you.

Is gaming new to you or something? Companies like NISA sell out on preorders. Heck it isn't even limited to games. Clothing brands like Supreme sell out in minutes upon release.