Went to Walmart today and...

#1abbyhitterPosted 3/24/2013 5:16:13 PM
nestled gently on the very top row in the 3DS section was Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, PMD: Gates to Infinity, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. Each game had 5 to 6 copies in their own slot. I was standing there thinking, "Okay, Walmart employees just happen to arrange all these new triple A titles all on the same row and no one is buying them? Why are there so many copies left?"

Then I realized that the games are all on the very top shelf where little kids probably don't look.

I was so jealous that all of these games were just sitting there. I had already had Luigi's Mansion on pre-order at GameStop. I left Walmart and went straight to GameStop (they're in the same shopping center).

The point of this is that I was amazed at how all of these awesome games were not flying off the shelf and that they were all sitting on the same row. It just looked amazing to see all those awesome games sitting beside each other in a store display. GameStop usually has Kid Icarus Uprising sitting beside a dumb game like Myst.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#2GhetsisPosted 3/24/2013 5:21:48 PM
An Atlus game in Wal-Mart?

Never would've imagined.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3ayxqp2Posted 3/24/2013 5:36:17 PM
I think I'd relegate Castlevania to the "somewhat funky" category.
#421_21Posted 3/24/2013 5:42:14 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Never would've imagined.

I think the mere fact of finding an Atlus game outside of online is surprising.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#5Final Fantasy2389Posted 3/24/2013 5:45:19 PM
Maybe they just restocked this morning and no one had had time to really buy them.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT
#6Willie_MakeitPosted 3/24/2013 5:46:17 PM
21_21 posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Never would've imagined.

I think the mere fact of finding an Atlus game outside of online is surprising.

This. I can't even find a copy of Devil Survivor Overclocked anymore. I've been kicking myself in the rear for selling that.
---
Sig.
#7abbyhitter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:48:56 PM
Yeah, I live in a really rural town (about 4,000 max population). Not many people play Nintendo games in my area.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#8Last VampirePosted 3/24/2013 7:55:32 PM
Kid Icarus would be next to/near Myst because Gamestop sorts their games alphabetically..
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV