The New Mystery Dungeon might be the worst in the series...

#1tw1g_007Posted 3/24/2013 6:50:16 PM
* Slow text speed

* Horribly low pokemon count (140 or so)

* The game is very easy unlike previous entries in the series (my biggest letdown so far)

* No passwords for rescues. Street pass the only viable method which is just.... man. So stupid.

* You can only do one mission at a time. Insane. In Sky you could do as many as 8 missions in one go which definitely saves a lot of time especially if 5 of those missions are in the same dungeon.

* The horrible horrible slow text speed

* The storyline is so "dumbed down" and is almost like they are meant for 7 year olds or some dumb ****.

There is probably still more I am missing but these points are what I have gathered so far from reviews and people's opinions on the boards.

There is almost zero reasons for me to purchase this game now. Especially after playing through the masterpiece that was Pokemon MD Sky. I guess I am going to wait until its well below $20 before considering if anything.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#2VyersPosted 3/24/2013 6:53:50 PM
So to confirm: They actually make rescuing nonexistent for MANY people?

Garbage
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#3EmeraldroxPosted 3/24/2013 6:54:05 PM
I only got it because I've never played LM and wanted the free game deal lol
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#4ZhacariasPosted 3/24/2013 6:54:21 PM
If you haven't bought it yet, how do you even know that information. Also, do you realize that the game is not only targeted toward children but people new to the franchise?
#5Grand_BluePosted 3/24/2013 6:57:47 PM
When will Nintendo of America understand that this isn't Japan where everyone lives in the big city where you can get 100 streetpasses a day?
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#6tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:01:23 PM
Zhacarias posted...
If you haven't bought it yet, how do you even know that information. Also, do you realize that the game is not only targeted toward children but people new to the franchise?

Because unlike most people, I heavily research games I am going to invest in. Maybe $40 comes cheap for you guys who get pocket money but I work lol.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#7pikachupwnagePosted 3/24/2013 7:05:15 PM
I don't get the password thing. You say its too easy but then whine that a method of getitng bailed out is hard to use.

IMO its still a good but flawed game.

Plots been interesting enough so far. Music is great. Graphics are nice and I am having fun.

But yeah the text speed, low amount of mons, single job at a time those all suck.

Not the series highpoint(Thats explorers. Damn good game) but still a very enjoyable game IMO.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board!
#8Bikes-Posted 3/24/2013 7:11:46 PM
To be fair the password system was kind of broken anyway since it was easy just to generate codes instead of actually having people save you. A spot pass system would be cool though you send out that you need help, then once someone saves you it spot passes you back.

The rest does sound like a shame though, I loved the previous two games.
#9tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:14:41 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
I don't get the password thing. You say its too easy but then whine that a method of getitng bailed out is hard to use.

IMO its still a good but flawed game.

Plots been interesting enough so far. Music is great. Graphics are nice and I am having fun.

But yeah the text speed, low amount of mons, single job at a time those all suck.

Not the series highpoint(Thats explorers. Damn good game) but still a very enjoyable game IMO.

Its not just related to me you know. Even if I happen to find it as easy as they say it might not apply to everyone else for whatever reason. I did enjoy rescuing people just so you know and with the password feature gone it kills another part of the replay value for me.

Speaking of replay value, I hear when you beat the game there is almost nothing else worth doing besides waiting for that one "super hard" DLC map.

As much as I'd like to call this game complete garbage (which its not), its definitely not worth 40 dollars.
---
#10tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:16:31 PM
Bikes- posted...
To be fair the password system was kind of broken anyway since it was easy just to generate codes instead of actually having people save you. A spot pass system would be cool though you send out that you need help, then once someone saves you it spot passes you back.

The rest does sound like a shame though, I loved the previous two games.

Sad but true. This is a good point.
---