Target Pre-order problems

#1MicroByterPosted 3/25/2013 10:00:34 AM
Just curious if anyone had problems picking up their pre-orders for any of the games that came out yesterday. I had pre-ordered for the first time from Target during their promotion where you buy a game and pre-order a future game and get a gift card back. I knew I wasn't going to be able to pick up Luigi's Mansion yesterday so decided to try it out.

The card states you they will have it held for 7 days. I went in this morning to pick up my copy and, surprise surprise, they sold all copies yesterday. I had also intended on picking up Pokemon MD as well (not reserved) which they had in stock.

The electronics manager blamed the pre-order system, refunded my $1.00 back and also took off $10 from PMD for my troubles. I can wait for a copy so this was a good redeemer.

Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced problems like this.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter
#2MetalGearOnAcidPosted 3/25/2013 10:41:26 AM
Yea I work at Target in the electronics section and we had similar problems. They only sent us like 6 copies of Luigis Mansion and people kept coming in with preorder cards and we had no games. Also a lot of times the employees forget to set the preorders aside in the morning since we don't do it anywhere near as often as Gamestop. We had some pretty pissed off people.