Does Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask have any replay value?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 3/25/2013 12:10:41 PM
I ask because of the XL free game promotion. I had one other game in the series, and sold it right after because the puzzles were done. I felt no real reason to ever come back to it. Is this game the same? If so, I'm just going to get SM3DL, which I have played quite a bit, but never on an XL and I sold my physical copy awhile back.
#2dmaster342Posted 3/25/2013 12:29:00 PM
After playing four out of the five games, I find that once I beat the game and get all the puzzles, there's pretty much no reason to play the game again. Granted it does have a lot of value simply because there are a lot of puzzles (daily ones too). But not so much that you want to play it through again and again.
#3GlamGlorpsPosted 3/25/2013 12:31:18 PM
All of the Layton games are nearly identical with the exception of story.

If you got bored of doing the same old math homework over and over in Curious Village, you will get bored of doing the same old math homework over and over in Miracle Mask.

It's one of the laziest game series ever created and only gets a free pass because of the animation created for each game.
#4Jakerific44Posted 3/25/2013 12:34:36 PM
GlamGlorps posted...

If you got bored of doing the same old math homework over and over in Curious Village, you will get bored of doing the same old math homework over and over in Miracle Mask.

It's one of the laziest game series ever created and only gets a free pass because of the animation created for each game.

---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
http://i48.tinypic.com/w2mtnc.jpg <<<LOL (FIRE EMBLEM: A SPOILERS)
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/25/2013 12:40:06 PM(edited)
Jakerific44 posted...
GlamGlorps posted...

This is true, if by math homework you mean "using your brain". It's understandable that some people get bored doing it.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#6MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:47:23 PM
I didn't get bored playing the game, just that once it was done, it was done forever. For a game thats gonna be downloaded on my 3DS forever, I would want something that I can come back to.

I already have Mario Kart 7 on the system so I guess it's kind of fitting that SM3DL is on there too.
#7T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/25/2013 12:50:27 PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer you. Yeah, they have little to no replay value. You basically have the daily puzzles that come out after the game and that's it. With that said, Super Mario 3D Land isn't much better in that department.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox