Wow, the normal 3DS feels like junk compared to the XL.

#1mmpepsiPosted 3/25/2013 2:59:45 PM
Finally upgraded and I'm blown away by how junky the original 3DS seems now.

One thing I don't like about the XL though is the weird...look the screen has if you aren't looking straight at it. Anyone else notice that?
#2nhlduckz35Posted 3/25/2013 3:14:17 PM
Is your 3D slider all the way down (make sure you click it down)
---
3DS FC: 4339-2480-2968
PSN: nhlducks35
#3mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:14:57 PM
nhlduckz35 posted...
Is your 3D slider all the way down (make sure you click it down)

Oh thanks!

The old one didn't have a click so I didn't realize this one did.
#4Ulyaoth74Posted 3/25/2013 3:15:02 PM
Junky? I don't get it. The original feels a lot more solid and sturdy. My XL feels like it's going to bend.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#5dankmanaPosted 3/25/2013 3:39:41 PM
for every person who posts here saying "The XL is much better build wise" there is another who says the opposite, and that the original is better. I really don't understand. Is build quality really that relative ???
#6chocolatethund4Posted 3/25/2013 3:41:16 PM
When I see a 3ds xl it always reminds me of pancakes because of how thin it could look. Now I want pancakes.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699 Steam: chocolatethundr5
#7nonexistingheroPosted 3/25/2013 3:41:51 PM
From XL reviews I read earlier, the XL actually had worse build quality. The plastic feels and seems cheaper and the sound quality was worse. Some of them also said the buttons felt a bit worse.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8UFOLochePosted 3/25/2013 3:41:56 PM
dankmana posted...
for every person who posts here saying "The XL is much better build wise" there is another who says the opposite, and that the original is better. I really don't understand. Is build quality really that relative ???

Possible defects in the factory? I don't know.

If it weren't for the fact that I have the Legend of Zelda 3DS, I'd definitely consider an upgrade, do the bigger screens really help all that much?
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
If it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs.
#9dankmanaPosted 3/25/2013 3:51:38 PM
it's just super annoying to try and form an opinion for hardware when nothing sounds consistent. I blame Nintendo for this, because they notoriously change things at the factory level to cut costs or make improvements. So, some people's systems suffer defects like paint chipping and hinges breaking, and some are perfect.
#10rahxephon122Posted 3/25/2013 3:55:16 PM
Since I got the Pikachu XL (which was what I was holding out for) I can now compare the two:

The screens are HUGE. I never thought it would look so different.
Now, the resolution is the same so it supposedly looks jaggier. There are some moments when you notice this, but I've been playing LM on the XL and I have to say it looks gorgeous. I'll probably try it on the regular when I'm done but I'm impressed.

I've read various things about the 3D being lessened/increased. It seems like the effect is lessened. The same depth but at a bigger ratio for an overall less effect.

I've noticed the viewing angle is pickier and you have to hold it back farther. The buttons feel more spread out.

I loved the regular 3DS and I love the XL just the same.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!