Wow, the normal 3DS feels like junk compared to the XL.

#31Retroxgamer0Posted 3/28/2013 2:46:04 AM
-the bigger screens on the XL are actually a negative if youre playing old virtual console games.

-the 3DS XL is definately cheaper feeling in build quality, with worse speakers, and is supported by less cases than the regular model

-the larger screens are a plus other than virtual console, better to play 3DS games on

-the buttons are more clicky on the 3DS XL, which i like
#32fuzi11Posted 3/28/2013 3:21:57 AM
Really? The XL feels like a cheap child's toy, while the original one is really slick.
#33NnamzPosted 3/28/2013 10:58:11 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
God, I can't understand why people even bother with the XL; how the hell do you carry it around? Do people wear huge, baggy dungarees, jumpsuits or tracksuit bottoms? It's like the least portable console ever.

It must feel awful. At least with the 3DS I can fit it into my trouser pocket without having to fight my jeans whenever I want to take it out and play.

To each their own, I suppose.

I never carry portables in my pockets. Even the regular model looks weird in a pocket. But regardless, the XL fits in there just fine.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#34blh88Posted 3/28/2013 10:13:06 PM
No problems fitting into my normal blue jeans pocket. No complaints about it being more fragile than a normal 3ds either because I am an adult with a job and I take care of things that I have shelled out money for.

XL is a nice system and it's weighty and large enough that my hands don't cramp up like they did when playing my DS Lite. Totally satisfied with my upgrade ^_^
---
so delicious and moist
#35VerbalcodyPosted 3/28/2013 10:45:06 PM
my friend told me not to bother spending extra for the XL (My first 3ds) but I did anyway

then we were on a bus

then we took out or systems to play mario kart

he played on mine once and just said 'i cant look at the normal one anymore' and he bought an XL that day

the difference in screen size is staggering. i think the original one looks like a $10 knockoff system that only plays one game
#3690sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 11:14:05 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
God, I can't understand why people even bother with the XL; how the hell do you carry it around? Do people wear huge, baggy dungarees, jumpsuits or tracksuit bottoms? It's like the least portable console ever.

It must feel awful. At least with the 3DS I can fit it into my trouser pocket without having to fight my jeans whenever I want to take it out and play.

To each their own, I suppose.

Backpack?
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#37GoldfingizPosted 3/28/2013 11:16:05 PM
Bought a regular 3DS at launch but sold it a year later. I just picked up an XL, and I'm not sure if I like it. The viewing angle is dreadful, to the point where the XL is unplayable in 3D. I don't remember it being quite this bad on the original 3DS.

There's always a silhouette around something on the screen when in 3D, be it on one side of the screen or the other. I've adjusted endlessly, to be in the "sweet spot" but something is always silhouetted. Turning the 3D effect down helps, but there's still almost always a silhouette somewhere. Holding the XL with one hand and using the touch pad with the other renders it COMPLETELY unplayable in 3D for me, as everything is constantly being thrown off. All of this is while sitting completely still in a chair.

Even when 3D is disabled, the viewing angle of the screen is quite awful. Considering going back to the regular 3DS. Though I usually played in 2D on that, 3D was more bearable. I'll probably pick up a regular 3DS tomorrow, for a direct comparison, and return whichever I like less.
#3890sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 11:17:14 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
-the bigger screens on the XL are actually a negative if youre playing old virtual console games.

-the 3DS XL is definately cheaper feeling in build quality, with worse speakers, and is supported by less cases than the regular model

-the larger screens are a plus other than virtual console, better to play 3DS games on

-the buttons are more clicky on the 3DS XL, which i like

Am i missing something here?. all my VC games, including all of the Ambassbor titles look great on my XL. IMO they looked like crap on my old vanilla 3DS since everything was so damn tiny on the screen.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#39poopfeasts420Posted 3/28/2013 11:44:59 PM
I just got my XL today and I'm really surprised at how much of a difference it is. I thought the people on these boards were just exaggerating. The one thing I will say is the the original 3DS is a little sharper. But unless they're side to side I couldn't tell the difference. Super happy about my purchase
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#40abbyhitterPosted 3/29/2013 5:50:54 AM
I could never go back to the original 3DS. The XL feels so much better in every way!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!