Warranty still good, 3D slider dead = 100$

#11ActualSim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 6:36:04 PM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
I would complain. The warranty should cover it 100% as long as it shows no physical damage.

I think I will call their helpdesk and see.
---
Think I'm full of crap? Check out my blog, I post what I play every single day:
http://actualsimulation.blogspot.com
#12ss4gogeta_darkPosted 3/25/2013 6:38:12 PM
Yes do that. And IF you have ever had any repair before, they will give you a discount. I sent my 3DS in for repair for the motion sensor. They looked up my account and saw I sent my old NDS back for replacement and granted me 30 dollars off. So I payed 65 dollars including shipping for a brand new mainboard for my 3DS.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#13confettistormPosted 3/25/2013 7:05:40 PM
ActualSim posted...
WTF Nintendo, my 3D slider is broken, I bought the damn device two months ago and now you want to charge me 100$ to fix it???

The slider doesn't work at all anymore and is stuck in 2D mode.

I don't think it's worth the money to fix... maybe I'll just play in 2D. Awful.

My DS Lite after hundreds of hours of gameplay from 5 years ago still has NO scratches, dents.
This is what happens when children abuse their gadgets...

Let me guess, when the 3D didn't work, you slid it up and down as hard as you could to fix it...
#14ActualSim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:09:01 PM
confettistorm posted...

My DS Lite after hundreds of hours of gameplay from 5 years ago still has NO scratches, dents.
This is what happens when children abuse their gadgets...

Let me guess, when the 3D didn't work, you slid it up and down as hard as you could to fix it...

I do not abuse my gadgets, nor am I a child. I have taken good care of my retro game collection, even my damn Sega CD still works. In fact, my launch day 3DS still works flawlessly.
---
Think I'm full of crap? Check out my blog, I post what I play every single day:
http://actualsimulation.blogspot.com
#15dankmanaPosted 3/25/2013 7:12:57 PM
+1 for OG 3DS build quality!
#16RocketZXbluePosted 3/25/2013 7:20:53 PM
just wanna say when I bought my system brand new out of the box it had the following issues:
volume slider isn't "smooth" i have to force it a little to adjust volume, whereas my brother's 3ds slides smoothly, no "forcing" neccesary.
the R trigger doesn't "Click" or make any noise, it still works but my L trigger does that "click" sound just fine.
when closed the rubber bumper on the top left of top screen doesn't touch down on near the HOME button like it should.
this is literally OUT OF THE BOX like that, i mean so far none of things gave me problems gameplay wise, but if the things already this messed up out of the box, I wonder how it'll be a year from now?
and my old FAT blue DS works perfect, triggers are fine, hinges still fine, touch screen still as repsonsive as ever.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#17Baha05Posted 3/25/2013 7:23:49 PM
Best thing to do TC is try to talk to someone higher on the CS.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#18AileWingPosted 3/25/2013 7:31:16 PM
Try going through their website.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_system.jsp
---
Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
#19Air_Dragon_1Posted 3/25/2013 9:01:33 PM
RocketZXblue posted...
just wanna say when I bought my system brand new out of the box it had the following issues:
volume slider isn't "smooth" i have to force it a little to adjust volume, whereas my brother's 3ds slides smoothly, no "forcing" neccesary.
the R trigger doesn't "Click" or make any noise, it still works but my L trigger does that "click" sound just fine.
when closed the rubber bumper on the top left of top screen doesn't touch down on near the HOME button like it should.
this is literally OUT OF THE BOX like that, i mean so far none of things gave me problems gameplay wise, but if the things already this messed up out of the box, I wonder how it'll be a year from now?
and my old FAT blue DS works perfect, triggers are fine, hinges still fine, touch screen still as repsonsive as ever.

Those things are amazingly indestructible XD
---
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.