There's a new system update!

#11mmarksterPosted 3/25/2013 6:50:42 PM
"Add-on Content" changed to "Downloadable Content". Minor Internet Browser changes.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#12mmarksterPosted 3/25/2013 6:59:26 PM
There's a jingling sound when you slide the HOME Menu around.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#13Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:04:55 PM
mmarkster posted...
There's a jingling sound when you slide the HOME Menu around.

I'm pretty sure that was always there...

Anyway, it looks like there is more to this update than I thought!
---
Official Mike Meekins of the AA5 boards. Official Olimar of the SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Psychonauts, Luigi's Mansion 2
#1490sRetroGamingPosted 3/25/2013 7:16:37 PM
Shadow Stalker X posted...
According to Japan's site (on GoNintendo):

-improve the convenience of "Nintendo e shop"
In sleep mode during startup "Nintendo e-shop", we are now able to receive later unawares communication.
In addition, and will be able to receive at a later "update data", we have improved the usability.
-Responding to save data takeover tool
For details, "To move the saved data to the download version" refer to.

-Improved system stability and convenience
So you can enjoy a more comfortable, we improve the system stability and convenience.

I'm not seeing this tool anywhere in the eShop or in the system settings. where is it? xD.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#15Shadow Stalker XPosted 3/25/2013 7:20:12 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...

In sleep mode during startup "Nintendo e-shop", we are now able to receive later unawares communication.
In addition, and will be able to receive at a later "update data", we have improved the usability.

So you can enjoy a more comfortable, we improve the system stability and convenience.

I'm not seeing this tool anywhere in the eShop or in the system settings. where is it? xD.

When the eShop updates, although there hasn't been an announcement yet for NA. I think we'll get it Thursday, though.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#1690sRetroGamingPosted 3/25/2013 7:28:42 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...

When the eShop updates, although there hasn't been an announcement yet for NA. I think we'll get it Thursday, though.

Europe is getting it on the 28th so i guess this makes sense. i'm currently downloading my free copy of SM3DL from the XL promotion and plan to transfer my saves from my physical copies of SM3DL and MK7 over to my digital versions as soon as the tool is released! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#17powerade911Posted 3/25/2013 7:31:44 PM
Well...I guess I gotta send my 3ds to nintendo...
The update was almost finished and there was an error, so I restarted. Now I can't go to Settings or the eShop. -_-
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright
#18Tino_Tonitini2Posted 3/25/2013 7:47:41 PM
I got this directly from the Nintendo's U.S. website:

Version 5.0.0-11U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Nintendo eShop improvements*

Users will no longer need to close the Nintendo eShop application to ensure the "Download Later" feature works while the Nintendo 3DS is in Sleep Mode.

Other improvements to usability have been made, including the ability to download software update data in the background.

Improvements to system stability and usability

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

*System menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-10U do not include these improvements.
The following, which were included within previous system updates, are not included with system menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-4U:

New features for the Nintendo 3DS Camera
New content for StreetPass Mii Plaza
System Transfer between two Nintendo 3DS systems

The following, which were included within previous system updates, are not included with system menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-1U:
Addition of Internet Browser
Addition of Nintendo eShop
System Transfer from a Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL system

Doesn't really seem that different from what the Japanese website reported but it's good to have the official information straight from NOA.
#19jose_ole1Posted 3/25/2013 7:52:33 PM
Squirrelette posted...
There's now a loading progress bar in the browser.

They just moved it.
---
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew
#20Limen123Posted 3/25/2013 8:45:09 PM
So is it just me, or is the loading time to get into the eShop really long now? It may just be my new internet, having just moved and all. But I'm just asking to make sure. o_o
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png