Super Mario Land 3D vs. Professor Layton for the free game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Mario Land 3D vs. Professor Layton for the free game?

User Info: Obl1TeRaTE

Obl1TeRaTE
3 years ago#1
Which is the better choice here? I'm assuming Mario but I've never looked into the Layton series and it looks interesting.

User Info: 2wingedangel

2wingedangel
3 years ago#2
3D platformer with 2D elements VS lots and lots of puzzles
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462

User Info: parKb5

parKb5
3 years ago#3
I went with Super Mario 3D Land, just because it is going to be on my 3DS XL forever. I've played Prof. Layton games and they are awesome, but once I play them, it's done; Mario is the type of game that you can play and play over and over.
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg

User Info: Luigifan141

Luigifan141
3 years ago#4
Super Mario 3D Land is a massive disappointment and one of the worst Mario games out there. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is amazing, and I loved every minute of it, so I would go for that.
Official Mike Meekins of the AA5 boards. Official Olimar of the SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Psychonauts, Luigi's Mansion 2

User Info: CyDetrakD

CyDetrakD
3 years ago#5
I went to with sml3d but already owned it on cart so i'm giving my nephew my retail copy now i can go back and play it anytime i want on my new 3dsxl. I was planning on selling my old 3ds along with it but decided to take $87 amazon credit, give away my game im getting free since i planned on buying LM2 regardless, give away my old case to a friend's son and enjoying the upgrade greatly today.

User Info: neonick

neonick
3 years ago#6
It's apples & oranges, really, but I've played both and honestly, Professor Layton is the better game. I ended up trading in SM3DL after forcing myself to finish it. Layton has replayability and the 365 downladable puzzles can keep you busy.
OWS: "a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves." Frank Miller

User Info: blazeUP12

blazeUP12
3 years ago#7
Professor Layton > 3D Land
hello earthlings, i am from another planet

User Info: crimsonclaw111

crimsonclaw111
3 years ago#8
SM3DL because it's pretty much always going to be $40. Layton can be had for as low as $15 brand new with a bit of luck and waiting.
XBL GT: roboitoam

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
3 years ago#9
crimsonclaw111 posted...
SM3DL because it's pretty much always going to be $40. Layton can be had for as low as $15 brand new with a bit of luck and waiting.

Both are always going to be $40, no matter what. Unless you get super lucky, and some store decides to have them both on sale.

User Info: crimsonclaw111

crimsonclaw111
3 years ago#10
OoSubaruoO posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Both are always going to be $40, no matter what. Unless you get super lucky, and some store decides to have them both on sale.

Well Bestbuy had Layton on sale for $15 like a month ago, and I've seen it for about $30 here locally.
XBL GT: roboitoam
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Mario Land 3D vs. Professor Layton for the free game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived