Can anyone with sonic transformed racing confirm this?

#11GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/25/2013 10:47:37 PM
Would this be the same in the demo version? If so I might redownload the demo to see if it's better.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#12mcnichojPosted 3/25/2013 11:02:17 PM
If baffles me why Nintendo would allow shoddy games with noticeable FPS problems on their hardware.
Sure Sonic is a bit out of their control but they PUBLISHED Ninja Gaiden for the Wii U.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#13GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/26/2013 1:09:47 AM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Would this be the same in the demo version? If so I might redownload the demo to see if it's better.

---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
#14GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/26/2013 1:45:47 AM
Bump...
---
#15rizsparkyPosted 3/26/2013 2:22:46 AM
The demo still has framerate issues, still jutters, pretty much still unplayable
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#16xellos667Posted 3/26/2013 4:44:33 AM
When you think about it, the digital version in the US shop was scheduled March 29. And now there's a system update. It would be cool that the two were indeed linked and fixed the FULL game for real (not the demo)...of course, chances of that happening is close to zero :)
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#17gransPosted 3/26/2013 4:47:43 AM
There may actually be some potential to this. Now take this with a grain of salt, it may be a placebo effect or even due to me being quite sleepy at the moment.

I tried several demos and one of the 3DS games I own that all suffer from framerate problems. The demos for Metal Gear Solid 3D and Castlevania Mirror of Fate don't appear to have gained any sort of performance improvements from the update at all, still as choppy and inconsistent as ever.

I also tested the Sonic Racing demo. The game still suffers from jerking and there are still framerate issues, but the framerate seems like it may be a bit better in parts. Still has a uneven framerate but it didn't feel like it reached levels as low as it did before. The jutter problem is still very much present and i'd guess is something much more inherent with the core game's programming. I may be wrong about the game feeling smoother however of course. I don't have the full retail game to test either. I will say that if there are any improvements here, they're very subtle and may not be that easy to pick up on for many people.

I own the full game of Kingdom Hearts 3D, which I find has considerably worse framerate problems than the Sonic Racing did. However having tested it extensively, I actually do think there are some improvements to the framerate. I've cleared the game so I visited all the worlds and the largest and most graphically intense areas while fighting large quantities of enemies and using some very visually intensive late level spells to put the game through its paces. One particular area I'll bring up suffered from framerate issues so badly that the area lagged even without any enemies of fancy attacks happening onscreen, just walking around normally was enough to make the game chug. Now though, the area seems to maintain a consistent 30fps rate when I wander around. And during combat and using graphically intensive spells and fancy maneuvers with flashy lighting effects, I believe the game as a whole lags a lot less. It can still lag in places, but it seems noticeably better overall.

Again I may simply be too tired to be able to tell any difference at this point, i'll need to have a decent sleep and then do some more testing. May also be some kind of placebo type situation with someone reporting it and it not being true. Though i'm leaning towards there being some framerate improvements in KH3D... I've had a TON of experience with that game and it had some seriously nasty framerate issues throughout. I cannot imagine myself becoming so tired that it made the game feel smoother, we'll see whether I feel the same way after a good night's rest.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#18AncientRomeBC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 4:52:16 AM
Hmmm interesting thanks grans
---
3DS XL - 2423 2409 6597
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#19gransPosted 3/26/2013 4:55:34 AM
Hmmm interesting thanks grans

Sure, but just take my words with a grain of salt (or several) until more people can confirm or deny and I get my mind and eyes some rest.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#20MicroByterPosted 3/26/2013 5:49:22 AM
Just tried the full version of sonic racing and it seems about the same for me. If it's suppose to be smoother or play at a better framerate, it's subtle to me. Sorry if you were expecting it to jump to 60fps, but I can't really tell a difference.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter