Can anyone with sonic transformed racing confirm this?

#21AncientRomeBC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:31:20 AM
MicroByter posted...
Just tried the full version of sonic racing and it seems about the same for me. If it's suppose to be smoother or play at a better framerate, it's subtle to me. Sorry if you were expecting it to jump to 60fps, but I can't really tell a difference.

eh i figured as much
---
3DS XL - 2423 2409 6597
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#22xellos667Posted 3/26/2013 12:21:47 PM(edited)
It's not Sonic racing, but I tried Castlevania Mirror of Fate, which I played weirdly enough yesterday for fun, before the update. So the memory of it was pretty fresh (I was messing around with Alucard power). Tried it again today, and maybe it's just me, but I found the framerate got noticeably better. If Sonic Racing got released the 29 on the eShop, I will try myself if it's really better than the demo (and no, I'm not expecting 60 FPS, just a good constant 30 FPS, which the demo does not give).
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#23GetFriedRicePosted 3/26/2013 12:23:41 PM
If Miku was in the game what car would she drive?
#24gransPosted 3/26/2013 1:12:41 PM(edited)
I'm guessing the demo and the full game are probably going to lag the same amount anyways. Definitely not reaching a constant 60fps. If there are any improvements, as said above they are subtle. At best the game just doesn't drop as low as it did. But this may be a mistake.

Though I still think there may be some truth to this rumor. Because even after getting some rest i'm STILL very inclined to say I think Kingdom Hearts 3D has some noticeable performance improvements. It feels like it maintains 30fps much more than it did before in stressful bits. Particularly again in areas that you couldn't previously even walk around in normally without having framerate problems crop up. The Pinocchio and Tron worlds in particular had some visually intensive larger scale areas that lagged even without any enemies or flashy effects going on onscreen. I did some testing in these same areas and the game really does feel like it may indeed be smoother now. The game does still lag in places, but it seems to be lessened somewhat. Previously, almost every time a group of enemies spawned or when you used the parkour-like flowmotion mechanics, the game would start to chug immensely. But in many of these instances this no longer seems to be happening. I've run into numerous enemy groups now and the game's framerate often didn't drop at all even in some of the larger areas more prone to lagging and when there's more than 4-5 enemies onscreen. It's not completely gone everywhere but I can't help but think it's heavily reduced now. And I was actually actively and deliberately LOOKING for problems this time, not just noticing the issues in passing like I normally do when I play the game.

It's not Sonic racing, but I tried Castlevania Mirror of Fate, which I played weirdly enough yesterday for fun, before the update. So the memory of it was pretty fresh (I was messing around with Alucard power). Tried it again today, and maybe it's just me, but I found the framerate got noticeably better. If Sonic Racing got released the 29 on the eShop, I will try myself if it's really better than the demo (and no, I'm not expecting 60 FPS, just a good constant 30 FPS, which the demo does not give).

I'm assuming you're using the full game and not just the demo of Castlevania since you mentioned a character I don't recall being present in the demo. The demo for me showed no improvement, would be interesting if the retail game did however. Might lend a bit of credence to the Sonic Racing game and may mean the demos aren't affected.

It would be really funny if Metal Gear Solid 3D had its framerate improved. Someone with the full game should give it a try and see. I only have the demo and didn't really notice any improvements, I don't know about the full game.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#25Neo1661Posted 3/26/2013 1:49:17 PM
Just tried the demo and framerate was just diabolical! Shame because the tracks themselves look great (cars look crap though) and it sounded ok.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#26xellos667Posted 3/26/2013 2:04:00 PM
grans posted...
I'm assuming you're using the full game and not just the demo of Castlevania since you mentioned a character I don't recall being present in the demo. The demo for me showed no improvement, would be interesting if the retail game did however. Might lend a bit of credence to the Sonic Racing game and may mean the demos aren't affected.

It would be really funny if Metal Gear Solid 3D had its framerate improved. Someone with the full game should give it a try and see. I only have the demo and didn't really notice any improvements, I don't know about the full game.

Yes it was the full retail version. Like I said the change was very noticeable for me. Maybe the demo is already so compressed, that there's nothing to do for it, both with Castlevania and Sonic Racing. So I would only judge on the full retail game.
---
#27xellos667Posted 3/28/2013 3:53:21 PM
I'm bumping this because I finally bought the digital version of this.

1.The framerate is FAR from being is awful as the demo was. In fact, if it's not a constant 30 FPS on my full digital version of the game, it's pretty close, and very enjoyable. The only place where, weirdly enough, the framerate seems to have problem is during the pre-race (when the camera shows the track). During the race, I don't notice any framerate drop. Very weird

2.Also, the constant freezing I could see during the demo is totally absent up until now.

So I don't know if the new system update changed anything on the full retail since I only played the demo before, but so far, the full game is way better than the demo in terms of performance. Very enjoyable, and with its great single player mode, even if the console version is better (I also have it on my PS3), I totally prefer this 3DS version to Mario Kart 7.
---
#2890sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 4:23:38 PM
xellos667 posted...
I'm bumping this because I finally bought the digital version of this.

1.The framerate is FAR from being is awful as the demo was. In fact, if it's not a constant 30 FPS on my full digital version of the game, it's pretty close, and very enjoyable. The only place where, weirdly enough, the framerate seems to have problem is during the pre-race (when the camera shows the track). During the race, I don't notice any framerate drop. Very weird

2.Also, the constant freezing I could see during the demo is totally absent up until now.

So I don't know if the new system update changed anything on the full retail since I only played the demo before, but so far, the full game is way better than the demo in terms of performance. Very enjoyable, and with its great single player mode, even if the console version is better (I also have it on my PS3), I totally prefer this 3DS version to Mario Kart 7.

Good to hear. by any chance did you recieve all of the "Bonus Edition" content from the physical release with your digital purchase?. i notice there was a "Bonus Pack" listed for $1.99 in the eShop.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#29xellos667Posted 3/28/2013 5:38:47 PM
Buying the game digitally doesnt give you the bonus pack. You need to buy it in-game for indeed 1.99$ You get Metal Sonic, bunch of emblem and Outrun track, like in the console version, though unlike the console version, Metal Sonic is not maxed out already, you need to do it yourself...which in a way give some more game time to your purchase :)
---