Tried to get on the eshop but there was a system update

#11RocketomyPosted 3/25/2013 8:55:27 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Applepieman posted...
Is there another way to reboot the system?

I powered down and powered it back on, each time getting the same exact message...

Don't tell me I'm one of the lucky few that got a system locked out of Nintendo eshop because of an update error out of my control?

Temporary. i had the same problem doing this on mine and my niece's 3DS's. this was around 3+ hours ago though. progress bar for the system update only reached about 10%-15% multiple times on both 3DS's, failed multiple times on both and both 3DS's had to automatically reset multiple times.

After awhile both finally updated just fine. took i think less than 5 minutes for each after all of that. not on the eShop but i'm still "downloading later" SM3DL.. currently at 88% finished.. and i started the download almost 3 hours ago :/. dunno..

Automatically reset? Can you explain exactly what you did? I don't know what to do.
#12StormKMDPosted 3/25/2013 8:55:59 PM
This is pretty serious...as for the above poster, no, the system can't be "bricked" otherwise the 3DS wouldn't even work. It sounds like a memory error, maybe a slight bug with this update. You might have to delete internal memory and start from scratch. NOW HANG ON, I'm not saying go and do that, firstly contact Nintendo and tell them your issue.
---
Toshiba Satellite | Radeon HD 7640G | AMD Quad-Core 1.9Ghz | 640GB HDD | 6GB RAM
3DS
#13Applepieman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:58:14 PM
Already sent Nintendo support a message on there website if they ask me to do a hard reset on the system, they better damn well be replacing my downloaded games, even worse is I can't back anything up onto the sd card as I simply CAN NOT access System Settings.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - APM-
1091-8034-4661
#14StormKMDPosted 3/25/2013 9:07:05 PM
Applepieman posted...
Already sent Nintendo support a message on there website if they ask me to do a hard reset on the system, they better damn well be replacing my downloaded games, even worse is I can't back anything up onto the sd card as I simply CAN NOT access System Settings.

Most likely, they won't replace your games. Sadly, Nintendo was stupid enough to not make accounts for people, and well, aren't very knowledgeable about digital stuff (heck, they only just got DLC working!)...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.
---
Toshiba Satellite | Radeon HD 7640G | AMD Quad-Core 1.9Ghz | 640GB HDD | 6GB RAM
3DS
#1590sRetroGamingPosted 3/25/2013 9:09:11 PM
Rocketomy posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Applepieman posted...
Is there another way to reboot the system?

I powered down and powered it back on, each time getting the same exact message...

Don't tell me I'm one of the lucky few that got a system locked out of Nintendo eshop because of an update error out of my control?

Temporary. i had the same problem doing this on mine and my niece's 3DS's. this was around 3+ hours ago though. progress bar for the system update only reached about 10%-15% multiple times on both 3DS's, failed multiple times on both and both 3DS's had to automatically reset multiple times.

After awhile both finally updated just fine. took i think less than 5 minutes for each after all of that. not on the eShop but i'm still "downloading later" SM3DL.. currently at 88% finished.. and i started the download almost 3 hours ago :/. dunno..

Automatically reset? Can you explain exactly what you did? I don't know what to do.

Ha, sorry for the confusion. by automatically resetting i mean't that i got a message that said "the system must/will be restarted" and then you tapped "ok". it didn't actually restart on it's own! xD.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#16SalsaSavantPosted 3/25/2013 9:15:04 PM
It's your internet connection screwing up.

I had the same problem.
Luckily, it "remembers" what it downloaded earlier, so if you keep trying, it'll eventually be fully updated.
If it lasts a few minutes before errors, try that.
If it's less then that, then get better internet and try again.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#17n00bsaib0tPosted 3/25/2013 9:15:13 PM
StormKMD posted...
Applepieman posted...

Most likely, they won't replace your games. Sadly, Nintendo was stupid enough to not make accounts for people, and well, aren't very knowledgeable about digital stuff (heck, they only just got DLC working!)...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.

Only just got DLC working? Wii had DLC years ago, I know Guitar Hero and Rock Band support it.

And the account system BS is just people not knowing what they are talking about. You link your Club Nintendo account with your 3DS and all of your downloads are registered on Club Nintendo automatically, you can go look at your downloads there. If something happens to your 3DS and it isn't under warranty you can call Nintendo and give them the new 3DS serial number and they can transfer your downloads from the old 3DS serial number on your account to the new one. It's a pain in the ass, but your purchases are 100% safe. Trust me, I had my 3DS lost in the mail and Nintendo got me all of my games.

Oh, and a factory reset of a system doesn't reset the eshop. It will delete the games but you can go to your downloads and redownload them. So yeah, do some research.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#18RocketomyPosted 3/25/2013 9:19:19 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

I had the same problem.
Luckily, it "remembers" what it downloaded earlier, so if you keep trying, it'll eventually be fully updated.

It doesn't ''remember'', I think. Can't even open the eShop or Settings without getting an error message..
#19RocketomyPosted 3/25/2013 9:19:50 PM
Looks like this is a MASSIVE thing. Lots of people having this same problem, Nintendo screwed up: http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/95074
#20Applepieman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:20:03 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

I had the same problem.

It is simply refusing to even GO onto the eshop

I click on the eShop icon (or system settings) the screen turns black for a couple seconds, then puts me back onto the 3DS Home Menu and constantly gives me that error.

Its not getting on eshop, its not getting on system settings. There is no "Download" bar, as it refuses to get on there.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - APM-
1091-8034-4661